• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Medieval Zombie Survival (picture presentation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
1) my first language is not English
2) roll the credits! (since without these models and icons this map would be only 10% quality as it is now)

This time I was not in mood start terrain from scratch so special thanks to Halakbalakbalak for the excellent Europe map
Another big thanks to Mike, since I used almost all his models in my map (blacsmith, caste, farm, tower, tavern, fountain, cathedral, bank, canon, catapult, shops, marketplace, pier, organ, stable, mine and more?:C )
And to Eagle XI, since I used many of his Icons in my map (ballista, bombard, catapult, organ cannon, towers... )

I also thank these people for models: (order is how I was adding them, not by amout of my gratefullness)
Wandering Soul for Mounted Bandit and CrossbowFootman
Direfury for Captain
Darkdeathknight for Fruit Stand
Borric for Kutsche
HerrDave for Bishop Hero
Tranquil for Mounted Royal Captain and Royal Captain
takakenji for ogre arena
HappyTauren for Plated Footman
TurieL for RiflemanElite
Kitabatake for Stone Walls
JesusHipster for Wisp
Ergius for GoldOre, SilverOre and IronOre
Frankster for Diamond
Miseracord for Gladiator
Sin'dorei300 for Abominogre
Archemonde for Zombie Tyrant
Kuhneghetz for Fallen Baroness
donut3.5 and HappyTauren for Skeleton King
Tarrasque for Demon Knight
Sellenisko for UndeadVrykul
Kangyun for Captain Coco#v1
Tenebis for undead warlord

And I thank for these Icons
Frankster for Diamond (dis time Icon)
Dristitia for Gold and Silver Icons
Ergius for Iron Icon
TurieL HeroRiflemanElite Icons
PeeKay for HolyBan Icon
AbstractCreativity for ChampionSwordRemake Icon
Kola for Banana, Orange and Kiwi Icons
NFWar for BlueBerries, Rifle01 and Garlic Icons
Sin'dorei300 for DrinkAle Icon
Nightmare for GuardianWispSpirits Icon
PeeKay for HolyFist Icon
Zanekok for Horseshoe Icon
Blood Raven for Lemons Icon
Coinblin for Mug Icon
Marenko for powershot2 Icon
Golden-Drake for Scythe Icon
Zbc for SniperRifle Icon
Maxor_gan for Strawberry Icon
Guramax for Turnip Icon
-BerZeKeR- for CrossedSwords Icon
NO-Bloody-Name for Renew Icon
Technomancer for Butchering Blow Icon

Dangerb0y, thanks for Easy Item Stack 'n Split v2.7.4

3) le picture presentation
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

P3b.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

P5b.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

P10.jpg

difficulties.jpg

There is 5 difficulty levels (9 for singleplayer, set other survivors as computer to unlock extra difficulty, works with medium and higher difficulty)
Models for bosses are:
Bosses.jpg

-you will meet first one at game start, other every 10 minutes and last one two minutes before timer runs out
-bosses are only in insane and impossible difficulties

Whole map:
Wholemap.jpg

Parts of map:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

T10.jpg

T11.jpg

-map is nice just enough, you are not supposed to admire this map, you are supposed to die there....

Balancing
After 10 minutes is periodic zombie boost turned on which upgrades zombies with:
Resilience - every 5 minutes increase hitpoints of all zombos by 50 (this upgrading stops if one player is turuned to zombies
Anger - every 5 minutes increase damage of all zombies by approx. 3 (this upgrading stops if two players are turned to zombies
Extra Zombie boost - if all 4 players are alive at 60 minutes of game time zombies get massive boost of 400 hitpoints and 20 damage, making last 10 minutes for players harsh! (unlocks at start on hard or higher difficulties)
I belive difficulties are set correct, since I made proper testing :p
testing.jpg

Dead players will join Infected:

When you are turned into zombie Your gold is set to 300 and your properties are divided between remaining human players.
You will get one invisible immortal "main zombie" with no attack which can build zombile spawners, there is no limit to them but each cost 300 gold, you can train your zombies here.
-these spawners can be easily killed by humans...
-zombie players have fixed income of 150 gold per minute (75 if player dies at first 15 minutes)
Zombie units are from my old project

Zombie units are:
Standart zombie
Weak but cheap brain eating zombie.
10 gold

Economic package of standart zombies.
For only 100 gold you get 12 brain eating zombies!
TWO ZOMBIES FREE!!!!
100 gold

Cunning zombie

This zombie is capable of exploiting enemy structures, he is kinda mole. He just want get inside. Has siege attack.
15 gold

Economic package of cunning zombies
For only 150 gold you get 12 cuunning zombies!
TWO ZOMBIES FREE!

Big zombie
Big but slow brain eating zombie.
30 gold

Economic package of big zombies.
For only 300 gold you will get squad of 12 big zombies!
TWO ZOMBIES FREE!

Zombie zombie
This huge zombie is made of... zombies.... if fall apart 5 zombies appear.
80 gold

Economic package of zombie zombies.
For only 800 gold you get 12 zombie zombies!
TWO ZOMBIES FREE!

Agile zombie
This zombie can jump short distance
30 gold

Economic package of agile zombies.
For only 300 gold you get 12 zombie zombies!
TWO ZOMBIES FREE!

Zombie army for 1200 gold you get zombie army
You get 6 zombie zombies + 12 from every other kind

Game settings:
Survivors (players with shared vision):
Blue
Teal
Orange
Pink

Humans (allied to players without vision)
Kingdom: Light blue
Trade guild: Yellow
Holy Crusade: Green

Infected (AI, enemy with humans and survivors):
Purple
Gray
Dark Green
Brown
Zombie Hunters: Red - other zombies AI just attack enemies randomly, but this one hunts players directly :p

-so this map is for 1-4 players

Lore
-for those who want it and will regeret it immediatelly xD
"You are trader from far eastern emprie where plague killed all people and turned them into zombies, you are only survivor and now you came to this Kingdom.
You know what disaster is on the way, but you can not run around at start shouting "Zombies are coming" people would kill you as insane person or put in jail.
Everybody see you as puny peasant and you have only little gold... earn more fast and do whathever it takes to survive.... they are coming"

Other info
-I consider this map kinda complete, so do not expect much updates
-I can not post it to complete maps since it leaks (I do not fix leaks if map do not lags, I rather make another map in spare time :p)
-map is UNPROTECTED and everybody can FREELY EDIT IT for SINGLEPLAYER PURPOSES (but do not change quest trigger there are creditz for models and icons)
-editing for multiplayer must be permited by me!
-zombies move at night 20% faster and at day 20% slower making impossible difficulty with perma-night more impossible xD
-if you think the biggest city is best place to be PLEASE be my guest and DO IT there is definitelly NOT triggered invasion to biggest city, plz plz go there
-Organ cannon do not damage friendly units as tooltip say, I just enoy looking at players using it so carefully hahahahahahahaahaahahahahaa

SPOILER to my next map xD

Phase 1:
First_step.jpg

Second_step.jpg
Phase 3: profit?

Attachments

• Medieval Zombie Survival 3.9.w3x
    5.4 MB · Views: 508
Last edited:
Level 14
I just tested this map today and its a really nice idea.

Though, there is still a lot of thing that could need some work.

Just to point out a few:
- would be great, if the buildings animations were used much more.
- tavern can't be taken over (is this wanted?)
- lumbermilll does not give any income
- balancing is sometimes strange imo (e.g. master of arena being weak for 10k gold)
- would be cool to be able to see zombie ambushes with an item to be able to see whats happening
- terrain looks incomplete at some locations
- the arena is quite cool but it would be nice to be able to judge the lvl of the oponent before entering because u can easily die in there
- zombies could use a better AI or pathfinding, as they get lazy over time (or is this a wanted effect?)

overall I think this map has potential but I personally would do some more work on it.

This was meant to be positive criticism by the way, sry if this feedback sounds too negative.

Level 8
This was meant to be positive criticism by the way, sry if this feedback sounds too negative.
no it does not sound negative, negative feedback sounds like this:
"this map is terrible, please do not make ever again any map"
(I rly got this in past, but not on hive xD)

I will try to answer your concerns:

Sadly I am not much aware about building animations, should not they just stand still? :X
- tavern can't be taken over (is this wanted?)
That is wanted since they give no income and can be build by players.
They give 200 wood per minute I just tested it (but I found differend bug relating LMs so ty for report anyway)
- balancing is sometimes strange imo (e.g. master of arena being weak for 10k gold)
Well he is really strong vs. bosses(insane and impossible difficulties), for economic victory there is "transform to Demigod" for 50k :)
Also I already stated that my map is unprotected and everyone is free to edit it, so if you truly belive he is too weak buff him a bit.

- would be cool to be able to see zombie ambushes with an item to be able to see whats happening
Well part of the game is that you do not know which towns are under attack of zombier or are already destroyed by zombies (unless you have some units/buildings here).
I can not think of any item which would justify it ATM :D, but I can understand people may want see it badly so I added command "-vision cheat" which gives you vision of Kingdom and Trade Guild (works only in singleplayer wih blue player,)

- terrain looks incomplete at some locations.
Deserts and frozen wastes are ment to be kinda empty if you ment that areas xD
- the arena is quite cool but it would be nice to be able to judge the lvl of the oponent before entering because u can easily die in there
Ahaahaha, you went into first match in arena and was like "that was easy earned gold yay", then you went next match and next, next, next and then "omg I died" xD. Well each time player wants enter arena he is informed fights are to the dead and that each time he will meet more difficult opononet.
+in multiplayer it is vital if some player dies in arena since he go to zombies and can hunt other players which makes map more fun ;)
- zombies could use a better AI or pathfinding, as they get lazy over time (or is this a wanted effect?)
Well AI zombies attack some place => return to base => attack some place => retrun to base => attack... and over time are living cities just more far for them... so its about AI, if you play in singleplayer just add other slots as computer you will get more zombies :) (medium or higher difficulty)
I would also suggest to try harderst difficulty then zombies should not feel lazy xD

EDIT:
map with "-vision cheat" for singleplayer and fixed lumber mill tooltip added to this post

Attachments

• Medieval Zombie Survival 3.9c.w3x
    5.4 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Level 14
no it does not sound negative, negative feedback sounds like this:
"this map is terrible, please do not make ever again any map"
(I rly got this in past, but not on hive xD)

haha yeah :D like " omg give back my lifetime i wasted on your piece of crap" ;) anyway, just didnt want to hurt any feelings there.

Sadly I am not much aware about building animations, should not they just stand still? :X

what I meant by this, is that they have these awesome transformations, which would be great to see more. Also, lumbermills and mines have working animations which would be cool to see more often to make it more like a living world. While Im on it, did u think of adding the posibility to train some kind of a dummy unit, which enables u to access the lumbermill w/o ur hero? might be too op though..

They give 200 wood per minute I just tested it (but I found differend bug relating LMs so ty for report anyway)

aaah then you might want to change the tooltipp which states the lumbermill an income of 100 g/min

- terrain looks incomplete at some locations.
Deserts and frozen wastes are ment to be kinda empty if you ment that areas xD

No, I meant some castles partly flying and stuff like that. u can also walk through water at a lot of places, dont know if this is a wanted effect as well?

Ahaahaha, you went into first match in arena and was like "that was easy earned gold yay", then you went next match and next, next, next and then "omg I died" xD. Well each time player wants enter arena he is informed fights are to the dead and that each time he will meet more difficult opononet.
+in multiplayer it is vital if some player dies in arena since he go to zombies and can hunt other players which makes map more fun ;)

Yeah maybe I was a bit stupid there :). The zomby thing is pretty cool (I tested in mp together with my brother) so good job on this gameplay feature.

Level 7
Could you make a pvp version? Maybe without zombies.
That would be amazing, or at least give me a permission to do it. I will credit the map to the real author.

Though i'd have to find a way to change the maximum unit number limit in my world editor.

Level 4
i played this map like 15 times and this my review

+the kind of this map is fantastic and i didn't find something like this And i realy liked it

+The rpg kind of this map is so fantastic About Start as nothing and then improve yourself and the train idea is so good and mining ETC

+Custom Monsters and Buildings And new Skins of Bosses Sometimes i feel realy im in the Medieval age

-The Builder can't Build any walls so if any bastard zombie Destroyed 1 of your walls so your stuck and Also your can't build your own city you have to buy it

-when you won there are no load screen told your won

i loved this map so much.the idea is pretty awesome.and i give the map rate 4/5

Last edited:
Level 8
Could you make a pvp version? Maybe without zombies.
That would be amazing, or at least give me a permission to do it. I will credit the map to the real author.

Though i'd have to find a way to change the maximum unit number limit in my world editor.
You have my permission and I use NewGen WE to bypass maximum number of units

-The Builder can't Build any walls so if any bastard zombie Destroyed 1 of your walls so your stuck and Also your can't build your own city you have to buy it
Feel free give builder ability to build walls, but I think zombies will be kinda clueless if you wall entrances into cities and I am not that awesome with AI.
You can not build building which generate income (I dont like maps when you spam buildings 99% of time) , you can change it, but it will make game too easy I think

And thanks for feedback, I did not know people are playing it xD

Edit: and about victory screen. there is only text saying you won since when I was testing it with people and I wanted hear feedback after map is finished, I did not know sombody will care for victory screen my bad :C

Last edited:
Level 4
And thanks for feedback, I did not know people are playing it
Lol There are a lot of players Play it in The Gameranger and i swear if you didn't upload the map i will fix the Victory screen and put walls in the builder and upload it myself. yeah and about the next map what you will do with it i don't understand all i have understand in that photo you will be a Goat and eat Grass

Level 8
yea upload those changes if want, and the next map was a joke :) (did you click on "phase2" to see second photo btw?)

Level 8
It was ment everyone is sheep and by eating grass they evolve and get stronger:D

Oh and now I remember what you are supposed to do if zombie destroyes your wall...
Take footmans or elite footmans, put them to hole in wall, activate defend (it reduces meele dmg too), activate hold position and preferably put some range and healers behind them:)

Level 8
Bandits and Tribals Expansion

-I made expansion for this map, you can see old and new minimap below:
Old_minimap.jpg
New_minimap.jpg

-the big city at border of map felt strange, but now it is in open space:
Big_town.jpg

Bandit camps:
-there are now bandit camps at borders of map (neutral hostile)
-they are additional source of experience and gold (they got tripled bounties)
-many bandit camps contain cage, if players destroys free elite footman under his control

Main bandit camps (they are 2):
-they are neutral passive toward players (only if player do not kill any bandit in that camp)
-there is Illegal distillery and players can buy smuggled alcohol here for 100 gold and sell on central market for 110 gold. It may look like low profit but there is almost limitless amout of smuggled alcohol -players can buy Illegal distillery for 5000 gold gaining 550 gold income per minute
-you can get Brewmaster training in distillery (500O gold and you will get Endless Bear, Drink, Bear, Drunken Brawler, Breath of Fire and Drunken Haze abilities)
NOTE: Brewmaster is NOT panda
Brewmaster.jpg

-players can also undergo bandit training, but IT WILL UNALLY YOU TO EVERYONE BOTH SURVIVORS AND KINGDOMS (bandit training is free, enforcer training cost 150 gold and bandit leader training cost 500 gold)
-players can also buy bandit wagon, which don´t change their main character but also makes them to join bandits and unally everyone (it serves as movable base which can train bandits)
-all bandits have pillage ability but still, joining bandits is not good idea since are your builidng will get confiscated (except distillery if you own it)
-if multiple players join bandits they are allied to each other, but remember there is no rescue zeppeline for bandits (there is actually a workaround but I will not tell it here :p )
Hot_bandit_camp.jpg

Cold_bandit_camp.jpg

New biome: Jungle
-there is now Jungle biome, it enlarged map quite a lot, so green is now jungle zombies to balance it
-players can now pick Herbs and sell them on central market (or use them)
Healing herbs: heals player and gives pernmanet 10 bonus of hitpoints (this effect does stack), can be sold for 30 gold
Poisonous herbs: adds poison attack to player (does not stack), can be sold for 30 gold,
Rare herbs: give + 1 to all stats (this effect does stack), can be sold for 300 gold.. oh the dilema use it or sell it?
-rare herbs are placed randomly, would be too easy to memorize 300 gold herbs locations:p and they are only 4
-every two minute 2 new herbs "spawn" (not rare ones)

Jungle Tribes villages consist of:
Tribal tents: just their home, nothing fancy about it, can not be bought (would not be profitable)
Tribal herbalist: (sells regular herbs for 20 gold and after 15 minutes rare herbs for 200 gold)
Tribal tower: defensive structure
Tribal hall: you can buy information about other tribes (you will get acces to command "-tribes" since they might be hard to find in jungle)
Tribal training grounds: you can hire tribal warriors here or undergo tribal training (tribal spearman or tribal trapper training)

Tribalr altar: you can donate to tribal god and recive various blessings!
Tribal blessing of endurance: increase armor of nearby units by 2 for 30 minutes
Tribal blessing of haste: increase speed of nearby units by 20% for 30 minutes
Tribal blessing of regeneration: all nearby units recive heal of 3000 for 30 minutes (100 health per minute)
Tribal god heal: heals all nearby units
Power of Bear: +1 strenght permanently (4 minutes recharge time, can not be spammed)
Power of Raccoon: +1 agility permanently (4 minutes recharge time, can not be spammed)
Power of Owl: +1 intelligence permanently (4 minutes recharge time, can not be spammed)
-each blessing cost 100 gold

Expansion is in beta, please report bugs you find
It is also unprotected

Edit: oh I forget about victory screen again :C
Edit2: seems jungle zombies are not getting proper upgrades I will fix it soon
Edit3: fixed jungle zombies

Attachments

• MZS expac hotfix.w3x
    5.9 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.