• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval Life (RPG / RTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Project Information:

Name of project​
Medieval Life​
Project Version​
Beta 1​
Project Genre​
RPG / RTS​
Status​
Started​
Current development​
Gathering ideas, founding a team and such..​
Team​
Credits​
eleljrk, -Peper-, EternalWow2010, Lightskin, chilla_killa, Diehard@Azeroth, JargalHurts...
Anachron, Sunchips, Mr. Bob, Dionesiist, Kitabatake, Vermillion Edict, Goolygot, ikillforeyou, Rondo, Forgotten_Warlord, dansaDisco, tee.dubs, Zanekok, Diehard@Azeroth, Vexorian, UnholyDobry, Soul Theft, kola, Tonberry, Scythy Dervish, Amigurumi, debode, paladinjst, Thrikodius, MistAssass, ZIR, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, Fan, olofmoleman, Gar'nogal​
Join the Team

Map Information:
You are of the human race. No other races will be available in the first version of the game.​
You can only be one kind of human, at least for the first version. There may come some "types" of humans that you as player can chose to be at the game start.
[Viking, Chinese, British, Greek..]​
All the villagers will use same models, even with different jobs. The map will contain many attachment models which will be used on the villagers to make them more unique.. However, males and females will not use same models. Either will babies, children and adults do. So there will be some different models in the map.​
All players will have one hero. They chose if it should be a male or female in the game start. You can customize your hero with attachments. This hero will have some spells that can be teach trough level. Some will be introduced at game start. The hero is also the only unit in the game that can build, but actually his useless without villagers with the job "Builder". The hero can only build foundations, after that the builders has construct the buildings that's going to be on the foundation.​
You can build many towns, not only one. These towns can either have a full size community or just be a military outpost. These towns will be self-expanding as long you got all the requirements for a town. If you do something wrong, you can kill all your villagers.​
You're not alone in the game. As much as eight other players will be playing with you! That means a full house is nine players! That's pretty much in my opinion!​
Enemies

You can fight against the other players, but there are other dangers lurking in the grass. There are as much as three different enemies around in the map. These enemies may sound weird, but their well thought out.

Dinosaurs
The humans in year 5152 has finally created a time portal. As they test it out, they create a uncontrollable room in time.. They rewrite the history as they move the dinosaurs over to the Medieval Age. Now the dinosaurs are confused and angry, as they lost their own homes. They rage at the humans and the other creatures in the Medieval Age. It's your task to win over the Dinosaurs so that the scientists in 5152 can create this time portal in the future.
Aliens
The creatures from space has finally found a planet with life. They are so excited to kill the life on the planet as they fly towards it. They'll soon crash into the surface of the earth. They've never flied in so strong gravity as the earth got. Many dies as they crash and just the strongest survives. Everything they had is destroyed, they're just left with a lot of metal and what they can find on earth. They'll have to create new weapons.. You have to stop them before they create a Nuclear Bomb and destroy the earth!
Animals
The animals was very peaceful. That time has passed as the humans begins to build where the animals has lived in many generations! They are now PISSED OFF! You'll better slaughter then being slaughtered, so defend yourself against the mad animals.
The humans has never been friends with everyone! Every player can create alliances and make peace with each other. If peace don't work for you, just declare war! Chose your side in the epic battle!​
You can no longer just hit a button and train a unit. As a children become a adult, that adult will chose his own job and create a family. There are some jobs only for females and some only for males.​
Villager Information:

Every human have a set life time. Only the hero will last forever!

A villagers life time:

Baby (Last 40 seconds)​
Child (Last one minute)​
Adult (Last five minutes)​
At game start every player got one hero and a beginner town. The beginner town got 4 villagers, two males and two females. These villagers got the following jobs: Builder, Farmer, Lumberjack and Gold Miner. You will also have a castle, two houses, a school and a shop. This is the beginning of your empire. This little town could also last forever as it got the requirements for a living.​
You can't control your own villagers. You can only control and use your hero and buildings. This makes the game much easier since you may get hundreds of villagers.​
The babies are just a blind time for the humans, but when they become children it becomes more serious. If the child don't get a spot at a school it simply dies as it becomes an adult. That's why it's important to create schools!​
When a child become an adult, the life of the person really begins. He / she finds a job, a partner and a house. If a person don't have a job or house, the person will die instantly as it becomes a adult. The only thing a person isn't required to have as it becomes a adult is a partner, but all people in your empire will have a partner in it's life time..​
As the founder of the empire, you have to make sure everybody got work, house, school and even more! If you don't expand the city, the population would not keep expanding.​
The hero can create foundations, but to build constructions on the foundations you need Builders. The more builders available, the better and faster can the construction be built.​
All adults can in fact have unlimited numbers of children. The only limitation is the house. Every house can only contain a certain number of people at the same time.
Example: If the house can contain three persons, it's for two adults and a child. This means the parents can get three persons every five minutes. That's a maximum. This number will increase as you add one size to the house. A house for five will be able to produce nine persons every five minutes!​
Jobs:

Research & Technology

Scientist

Sex: Male & Female
Office: Research Center
Description: Uses the human mind to research new technology used for equipments and buildings.
Alchemist

Office: Laboratory
Description: Uses the human mind to research new technology used for consumables and weapons.
Building & Sale

Builder

Office: Construction Office
Description: Uses the human body to build constructions.
Blacksmith

Office: Blacksmith
Description: Uses the human body to create equipment.
Gather Resources

Gold miner

Office: Goldmine
Description: Uses the human body to obtain and collect gold.
Lumberjack

Office: Forestry
Description: Uses the human body to obtain and collect lumber.
Stonemason

Office: Stone Cave
Description: Uses the human body to obtain and collect stone.
Hunter

Office: Slaughter House
Description: Uses the human mind and body to hunt and track animals to obtain food.
Farmer

Office: Farm
Description: Uses the human body to obtain food.
Fisher

Office: Fishery
Description: Uses the human body and patient to obtain food.
Transport & Travlers

Sailor

Office: Port
Description: Uses the human body and mind to sail a ship for transport.
Rider

Office: Stable
Description: Uses the human body and mind to ride a horse for transport.
Business Manager

Office: Shop
Description: Uses the human mind to sell stuff.
Survival

Soldier

Sex: Male
Office: Military Camp
Description: Uses the human body and mind to fight against enemy units.
Nurse

Sex: Female
Office: Hospital
Description: Uses the human mind and consumables to heal and cure sickness.
Doctor

Office: Hospital
Description: Uses the human body and mind to repair human bodies.
Join the Team

Last edited:
Level 5
Well, the project itself seems very nice. I'm working on my own RPG at the moment(Trying to figure out how to make an attachment an item so when you pick it up it shows on your hero)

Good luck on making this project, it seems like a lot of work.

Level 9
Well, the project itself seems very nice. I'm working on my own RPG at the moment(Trying to figure out how to make an attachment an item so when you pick it up it shows on your hero)
This is not a self-advertising or help thread..

Good luck on making this project, it seems like a lot of work.
Thank you and true :)

Level 9
Sure :)

- Diffrent "zones" or "themes".. Deserts, Jungle, Island, Plain, Cold (Snow / Ice..)
- Water should connect much of the map, as it will make the game more balanced.. (Everybody can fight everybody and not just the closest people)
- MiscData.txt is of course a requirement as I want use of the "unlimited" height function for making mountains, sea and stuff like that. Much better then the standard WC3 "fixed" heights!
- Custom models will look more awesome then non-custom models.. Chose as you make.
- There should be trees, gold mines and rock caves (The gold mines can be the standard ones, but the rock caves is the cliff with a hole..) with every base.
- You can add regions with understanable names over bases, rock caves and other things you think need regions.
- I want 12-XX bases.. Could be very good with 18 as it would give every player the opertunity to get 2 bases.. :)
- The map size should be as large as you can terrain.. :p

Sorry for all my grammar mistakes.. Just rushed trough it..

Level 9
Krl70, sure it is! :)

chilla_killa, that's fine. He should be working on the project as I know.. You'll sure get the terrain for a last fix when it's done! :)

I would love to have a thousand icons for my models.. As I got at least two thousands! :p But your only doing skins..?

Level 9
I know refi, but then I had to create a child camp when both parents are gone to fight.. -.-
And because only Males can fight, I had to give the Females something back; Nurse.. I know it's a bit.. sexual.. But I had too to make the game more realistic.. :S (Children camps / Kindergarten in Medieval Age..?)

Chilla_killa, mostly icons for Attachments.. I'll give you a list when I have sorted them all out.. (Got 170 imported resources ATM..)

Level 9
Nice.. :)
Working on some systems to make it all work.. Done some stuff...

- Female / Male hero (They will be indentical for now, as I can't balance two "different" heroes that are supose to do the same thing..)
- Dialog at start to chose Female / Male hero
- Dinosaurs / Aliens has been created (Models, names, stats..)
- All models / systems should be added to the map now
- Male / Female villagers has been created
- Credits list is soon finish (First list of course.. :p)

I will update you again, soon! :)

Level 3
Nice project! The idea is really good. Hope this project wont stop, since 99/100 projects ussualy jam and are unfinished.

Level 9
I've always finished my projects.. ;) This is my third project over 3 years; so the statistic is good. There has been some changes in the plan, but in a positive way. Babies will go to the bin as it's completly stupid to have things like that in this game.. (They do nothing)

Thanks

EDIT:
I want feedback about this idea..
There WILL be dwarfs around the world sharing quests and telling stories, but; Do you want an dwarf army attack on the Aliens when the time is ready for it?

Thanks

Last edited:
Level 3
Thats an interesting idea... A perfect time for players to unite and try to take out a common foe. Events are always nice(at least thats what i think). But wont that make aliens too easy? And if the dwarf attack fails, will it still be possible to defeat the aliens?

Level 9
The dwarf army should be that weak that they die during the battle.. (That's why there isn't any dwarfs in the real time; now) Even, this is a event that makes players united against their enemy. Which I think is a good idea for the map. I don't want the map to be filled with Human War, but also friendship between each other. I've now been developing some limitation on the human population to balance and keep the game lagless. The max HP of every creep / units / building in the whole game is exactly 100. Armors, HP Reg and Damage is the leading factors. T-Rex got low vision and can't see the human bases; still he can destroy much when he finds you. The raptors are poweful in groups, but weak alone. These enemies are the guys runing around. Animals and Aliens will just lurk in the forest. Only the animals will respawn when killed. Aliens will have around 5 bases, one main and 4 outposts. These will be hard to kill alone, if not impossible. The dinosaurs will attack the Alien bases as their enemies in the game. The animals will probably slay / be slayed by the fearless dinosaurs too. This is some of the game play you will have to face. I will soon post some Terrian Pictures. Would be lovely if some pro terrainer could come in here and show me what he can do and make my terrain a eye candy.

I'm looking for ideas too, not just feedback. That's why I post here. The game should become better with many ideas, not just mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.