• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Legacy RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Hold
For lack of really any good RPG maps, I've decided to create my own. I have a bunch of ideas, but because I want this to be a good RPG, I'd like to hear what the hive has to say.
What im looking for is useful ideas for a multiplayer rpg map.
Gameplay:
Each player will have the choice from a variety of characters, and will be able to build them however they want.
For example: A player can choose a night elf and arm him however they choose. I will be custom-creating each weapon to go with the icons that blizzard created a while back.
New Characters:
I have decided to make eight unique characters to match the taste of every player.
Male, Human, Thief - Perks: Some theft-related abilities
Female, Blood Elf, Phoenix Guard - Perks: Defense increase, Phoenix summon, Fire-Related bonus.
Male, Night Elf, (No Class) - Perks: Ultravision, Shadowmeld, Nature-Related bonus.
Male, Human, Ronin - Perks: Agility increase, Samurai abilities.
Male, Human, Necromancer - Perks: Undead Summon, Defense bonus during the night/Blight recovery?
Male, Dwarven, War Hero - Perks: Strength increase, Some kind of godly assistance (Thors hammer)
Male, Elven, Sylvan Templar - Perks: Heavy armor defense bonus?,
Male, Pandaren, Wanderer - Perks: Tolerance bonus, Summon Pandaren?

A "?" signifies that the idea isn't definite.

The player can also choose from a wide range of abilities to add to their character.
The abilities will all be one level, however the damage done by the abilities will be increased by stats.
Character Stats:
So far the stats i have decided to include are:
Strength - Increases hit points
Intelligence - increases maximum mana
Agility - increases attack speed
Willpower - increases mana regeneration and magic potency

The maybes are:
Luck - affects chance to hit and various gameplay stuff
Tolerance - rate at which alcohol can be consumed
Resistance - affects effectiveness of armor, or increases armor.

In-Game:
There will be various things that can be done throughout the game. There will be various jobs that can be done as well as quests that can be done. Money can be earned in many different ways.
So far, the things i have come up with:
Fishing Mining
Blacksmithing Enchanting
Cooking Smelting
Alchemy Armoring

I had a few more, they just arent coming to mind.
There will be more to come to the above description. For now, I am open to ideas =]

Last edited:
Level 3
if u need any help with the characters, their names or anything related to the written part of the game, just tell me and i will help you.

[K40$]-Spectre;946772 said:
Looks interesting, as long as you add proper AI and make it more fast paced than the others, you have my vote.

I'm usually pretty good at making the game work realistically. I have became pretty experienced with it since the creation of campaign.
But what do you mean "more fast paced"?

Drakar: I am adding a list of heroes above. You can PM me a list of names for the characters if you'd like. It would be much appreciated.
For the Oriental-Style hero, i already have 20+ first names. I haven't decided to incluude last names because i wanted the player to be able to pick their own last name for variety.

Keep the feedback coming =]

Level 18
the idea so far sounds really good.

but i really hope you have good terrain in your map : / and i hope you will have an RPG camera...

by the way,are you using any special world editors? i suggest that you use
WC3 NewJen V1.5 <<< very useful.

or UMSWE ( lol dont know what that stands for xD), or WEU ( world editor unlimited )

GOOD luck :D ! and have good terrain ! it would be disappointing to have a nice RPG, with bad terrain : (

the idea so far sounds really good.

but i really hope you have good terrain in your map : / and i hope you will have an RPG camera...

by the way,are you using any special world editors? i suggest that you use
WC3 NewJen V1.5 <<< very useful.

or UMSWE ( lol dont know what that stands for xD), or WEU ( world editor unlimited )

GOOD luck :D ! and have good terrain ! it would be disappointing to have a nice RPG, with bad terrain : (
The terrain is awesome. Ive spent two weeks on it and i have only got it about 35% complete. I could provide a screenshot if you'd like. I am using the basic world editor and i haven't even thought of using a camera. you just want a chase camera or something?

And as for the other rpg..
We'll see which one is the better rpg =]

EDIT:
SS03.jpg

SS04.jpg

SS02.jpg

I had another, but it didnt upload. Oh well.
Tell me what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
those are actually really good.

i suggest importing better trees . Use the UTM ( the Ultimate Terrain Map) on the terrain forums. they have tons of really good looking trees.

and yes, an RPG camera is a 1st person camera, that follows your units rotation.
its kinda cumbersome to explain what triggers you need to make a simple RPG camera, but check around the forums and tutorials, they will defiently have one .

those are actually really good.

i suggest importing better trees . Use the UTM ( the Ultimate Terrain Map) on the terrain forums. they have tons of really good looking trees.

and yes, an RPG camera is a 1st person camera, that follows your units rotation.
its kinda cumbersome to explain what triggers you need to make a simple RPG camera, but check around the forums and tutorials, they will defiently have one .

Oh got i hate those. Don't expect any of that. Maybe a locked overhead camera. None of that fps mess lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.