• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mdx to Obj.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I was trying to find a way to convert war3 model to obj. Well, I guess I might need few converters, first to convert mdx to mdl, but then what? Couldn't find anything useful in google and this forum search engine. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Well, I don't know what you want to convert to obj. for, but the only way I can think of right now is by using 3dsmax, loading your mdx. model there with a script and exporting it as obj. That might work with Milkshape, too, but I never got into that program (neither in 3dsmax, scripts and stuff never seemed to work for me/modeling programs are just too complex for me).

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Yes, you can import .mdx files into Milkshape and export as .obj, but Milkshape only imports the mesh and UVs. So no bones, rigging or animations.

I believe it was possible to import animated .mdx models into 3dsmax 4 and 5 using Blizzard's Art Tools, but unless you have that program, it's not going to work.

Level 6
So I am supposed to use Blizzard art tools to put .mdx into 3dsmax 4 or 5? Then I will be able to export it as .obj? Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.