• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mdx Pather

This tool originates from here

MDX Pather 1.01
Released 7-12-06

This program provides a faster way to change texture paths
in MDXs. To use this program on an MDX quickly, you can
use set MdxPather as one of the 'Open with' options. Right
click on and MDX, go to 'Open with', click 'Browse...',
and find the program. After that MdxPather will appear on
your 'Open with' list for MDX files.
Contents

Mdx Pather (Binary)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 21st of September, 2007 Approval status: Approved Rating: (9) Excellent! Main points: [x] The tool is stable and functions properly. [x] The tool is simple and easy to use. Notices: [-] Preferred download location...

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 21st of September, 2007
Approval status: Approved
Rating: (9) Excellent!

Main points:
[x] The tool is stable and functions properly.
[x] The tool is simple and easy to use.

Notices:
[-] Preferred download location indicated..

Level 4
Hehe I love this tool!!! Its VERY useful 5/5

how shall path look like?

You must insert the path that you want to have to be filled in in the import manager of the map, e.g. if you insert "war3mapimported" everywhere, you do not have to change any paths for models or textures.

If it did not work: Did you save the map after inserting the datas?
If not: Do it, then it should work

Last edited:
Level 3
Having a similar problem myself. Its definitely because I don't fully understand some parts of this.
I open up my mdx files and they all say blp instead, so I change them to mdx, and that does not work, so I let it be as a blp and that does not work either.
Any explanations someone can part with please?

Level 1
hey same prob here>
the editor shows a green checkered cube instead of the models.
I removed the "war3mapimported" just like in some tutorials.
but it still doesn't show up....

Level 1
how do u use this plz sum1 tell me

EDIT:
nvm i found out btw this is such an awesome program it works perfectly

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
I was trying to use your tool to use the in-game image for a model as well as a custom one i made...
I have one unit using the regular path (where you just choose a model from the list) and another using a custom path (going to the model that i changed to use the edited .blp), but the custom path only works when i use the path of the model's file in the archive, which then makes the model override the archives file making both units use the same .blp file (the one i made). how do i make a different path for the model to work?

But its still a great tool for changing the texture paths of models i download or just checking the paths of models when people dont tell them to you.

(Edit)Well i fixed my problem... just got a path of a unit i wasnt using and renamed my model to that unit.

Last edited:
Level 1
Does this worker have source code? I want to do a lot of modified tools, and I don't have a mdx file structure, and I don't know where to start

Level 29
How does this work? I opened a custom model, putted 'war3mapimported' into the textures and then saved the model, imported the model again, closed the Editor and reopened it, and yet it still doesn't appear.

Can someone please tell me?

Level 1
This one is good for helping in identifying texture pathings; at least, I've just started looking into making textures and this has helped uniquely and well.

Level 3
For those who didn't realise to use it. I was strugling 2 at first.
1.- On warcraft 3 folder located in x86 files, go to_retail_ and there, create a folder named Textures (if you don't have one).
2.- Put your blp files on this folder.
3.- Open this program and modify the path of JUST the blp files that appear with the model you downloaded. Modification of the .blp files: Textures\here your blp.
Is very important to just modify the path of the blp files that appeared on the rar that you downloaded from hive or whichever web u downloaded.

Level 13
For those who didn't realise to use it. I was strugling 2 at first.
1.- On warcraft 3 folder located in x86 files, go to_retail_ and there, create a folder named Textures (if you don't have one).
2.- Put your blp files on this folder.
3.- Open this program and modify the path of JUST the blp files that appear with the model you downloaded. Modification of the .blp files: Textures\here your blp.
Is very important to just modify the path of the blp files that appeared on the rar that you downloaded from hive or whichever web u downloaded.
This is incorrect, there's no need to put the textures anywhere in your install folder as that would defeat the purpose of importing files into a map, you just open an .mdx file with this tool and then edit the texture paths that are specified in it to whatever place/name you're going to import those textures in, it's that simple.