• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MDX Pather question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey I have a question regarding that really nifty mdx pather 1.01

When I open up my mdx files I get multiple things I can edit with different names under the same mdx file.

I'll explain a bit more.

I start the program and go into a file I have my mdx's then open "SasukeShippu.mdx" under that there are three files in this order.

sasuke1.blp
sasuke2.blp
sasuke3.blp

from what I understand .blp is the texture but from there I'm lost.
I don't know where or how to adjust the pathing to match up with anything.

Can anyone give me a quick tutorial on this?
You don;t need screen shots or anything, I just need it explained a bit with an example similar to what I put up so I don't have to ask again and again.

Thanks guys.

Level 3
you don't need to adjust anything! If there's just the texture, with no path, it means that the texture must have no path! In the import manager delete the path altogether, so it's just "sasuke1.blp"!

ehhh, didn't work so well.
I deleted the path in the import manager and the name of the file plus the path went blank.

Level 6
...for crying out loud, delet JUST THE PATH! i.e. ONLY "war3imported\" or whatever that is! Don't delete the whole damn thing, the name of the file must still be there...

I'm helping emperical with his map.
I thought he must have been an idiot so I tried it, but I guess he meant that he already tried doing this because when I did it it didn't work.

There is no pathing for the models because in the original map (the path is a default path), but that path does not work in his map.
So I get why hes asking the questions he's asking I just don't think he is very good at explaining his problems.
I did everything I could think of including converting to mdl, rather than using mdx and that worked until I saved, then when I opened the map up again all the placed units that had been working changed into green squares.
Any suggestions based on this better explanation of the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.