• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MDLVis says textures are missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I'm following the tutorial in this thread: Skinning and Wrapping tutorial and things were going good until i got to step 6. I click modules, UV Map Editor, and then i get a textures missing error. Even the custom texture i want to rewrap is missing. Any suggestions?

I'm gonna be honest, Im having a lot of trouble editing models now that the mpqs are gone. Magos doesn't work right anymore, and neither does War3 Viewer. I can only add custom textures with Magos now, and all War3 Viewer is good for is converting textures. Am I missing a tool? Are there newer versions that can use the CASC archives? Im trying to get to the point that i can do simple edits for myself so i don't have to request them from others, but all the tools I know how to use are outdated. Do I need to download the old mpqs somewhere, or do i just roll back my install? And if thats the case, how do i take it back to older versions?

Last edited:
Level 4
Okay, so that is super helpful. However, MDLVis is still producing a blank model, which is still quite confusing.

Level 4
I just tried it with a newly extracted model from the mpq, and its still blank. Do I need to tell MDLVis where the mpqs are?

Status
Not open for further replies.