1. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have a new contest going on right now! Join the 11th Music Contest! You are to make a Cinematic modern sound-track for this contest, so come and compete with other people for fun.
    Dismiss Notice

MDLVis says textures are missing

Discussion in 'Texturing & Surfacing' started by Zak17, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Zak17

Zak17

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I'm following the tutorial in this thread: Skinning and Wrapping tutorial and things were going good until i got to step 6. I click modules, UV Map Editor, and then i get a textures missing error. Even the custom texture i want to rewrap is missing. Any suggestions?

I'm gonna be honest, Im having a lot of trouble editing models now that the mpqs are gone. Magos doesn't work right anymore, and neither does War3 Viewer. I can only add custom textures with Magos now, and all War3 Viewer is good for is converting textures. Am I missing a tool? Are there newer versions that can use the CASC archives? Im trying to get to the point that i can do simple edits for myself so i don't have to request them from others, but all the tools I know how to use are outdated. Do I need to download the old mpqs somewhere, or do i just roll back my install? And if thats the case, how do i take it back to older versions?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  2. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
  3. Zak17

Zak17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, so that is super helpful. However, MDLVis is still producing a blank model, which is still quite confusing.

4. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    In Magos, try checking what the path to the skin is, maybe the path to the texture isn't correct, you can use mdxpather to change the path. Mdx Pather

5. Zak17

Zak17

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just tried it with a newly extracted model from the mpq, and its still blank. Do I need to tell MDLVis where the mpqs are?

6. Hermit

Hermit

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Try placing the mpqs in the same folder as Mdlvis.exe