• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MDL Optimizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Hurray, I hoped someone would come with bugs to fix.

edit: ok, not really bugs. I simply need to know all the possibilities of formats FROM THE FREAKING START. Now I need to rewrite my code yet again.

Can you please give me examples of all the possible key-frame types? (I have Linear and now thanks to you I have Hermite, are there Bezier or other types too?)

Do they all apply to translations too? as in, can translations be Hermite or whatever else there is too, or do only rotations get those?

Oh well. At least now that I stuck my code into an OOP class and it's all clean, it will be pretty easy to edit this into it.

Level 29
Ok, the files you gave me passed the optimization fine now (hardly got optimized at all though).
I think it should work for all the four controllers now, but I simply don't have the models to check with.

Doesn't MdxSquisher do the same but to mdx?

I have no idea what MdxSquisher does. :S

Edit: ok went to wc3c to see what it does, and I quote
Guesst said:
It zeros the least useful bytes, and then MPQ compression turns that into a lower file size. A lot of data (normals, for example) are stored with a lot more detail than you would ever see. The program zeros the two lowest-value bytes for a bunch of floats. Specificially, it goes after vertices, normals, tvertices, movement, rotation, and scaling.

My tool completely removes unnecessary keyframes, so you can probably use mine and then his and get even smaller file sizes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.