• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help in MDL editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'm curious as to how to edit the models directly...i know it seems like a fairly obvious request...but what programs are best for that? I'm trying to remove the attached weapons from certain model's hands so that i can add various other ones and whatnot. Anyway, thanks.

Level 5
alfredx_sotn said:
Read. The server is lunatic.irc-wizardz.net, channel #mdl.
I wonder how do I link you.

need a webmaster for this,, if you wanna link an IRC chat server from web to IRC

go to chatspace.com download the free java and link or you can write your owns ..ask darky or any webmasters, there a program from javascript.com that help for IRC servers. if you good with html and web stuff. i dont know if this forum could link directly there, i could help you, but i dont think darky will let.

Level 1
irc link :)

Hey,

this is how you make a IRC link

Code:
[url="irc:lunatic.irc-wizards.net/mdl"]bla[/url]

or

Code:
[url="irc:lunatic.irc-wizards.net/#mdl"]bla[/url]

Don't know for sure if the "#" is needed.

Level 1
Ummm guys can you please tell me how to allow a orc or something to hold a sword or some thing please tell me because im trying to make a agent hold a gun or a shot gun it would really go well in my map

Level 5
How do make models with my ALL MIGHTY AND GREAT MACINTOSH G5? By the way it is the fastest desktop computer in the world, but gmax is ol=nly for PC's. Is there any way I can make a model or change a model???

PEONMASTER

Level 25
*cue smacking of Stealth upside the head here*

Anywho, ignoring the n00blet, I haven't any idea on how to get a 3D program on a SUPERIOR AT ARTWORK THAN A WINODWS Mac, short of downloading a Windows Emulator and runing it in there...

Do Windows Emulators even exist any more?

Level 5
Woot Woot!!! I am downloading it right now...it will be done in about 2 minutes! Thank you so much if it works! By the way there is a Virtual PC that I have but it is very slow because it has to run the PC thing on my mac.

PEONMASTER

Level 5
I can't import .mdx or .mdl files into it...I also don't think that I can save soomething as an .mdl or .mdx file...is there some other way I can edit models or make models and save them so that WE can use them...or can WE use use them as .obj or some other file that it can save as...I really want to edit models though...hope some1 can help me...

PEONMASTER

Status
Not open for further replies.