Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.Dismiss Notice
The long-awaited results for Concept Art Contest #11 have finally been released!Dismiss Notice
Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!Dismiss Notice
The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.Dismiss Notice
Hivers united and created a bunch of 2v2 melee maps. Vote for the best in our Melee Mapping Contest #4 - Poll!Dismiss Notice
Check out the Staff job openings thread.Dismiss Notice
Mazing Contest v2.9
Submitted by Elvenking_slider
Mazing Contest 2
Created by Pender / modified by Elvenking
Created by Pender / modified by Elvenking
I had so much ideas on extra modes, so I created this version.
The layout is copied, but the triggers were partly rewritten by me.
In addition to the original version by Pender I made an huge bugfix to the thunderclap ability.
There were situations in "classic mazing contest" where the thunderclap did not cast/hit (top right corner),
since version 2.9 the ability will consistently hit around 250 distance.
Please read the overview of your settings after choosing a game mode!
Depending on the mode you choose, you either have to get the longest, shortest or an given (expected) time with your maze.
In random mode you have to get the most points by reaching the individual goal each round.
- Speedtower: 1-3 towers are spawned which increase the speed of your runner.
Reach the longest time and avoid or negate speedtowers.
- Expect: Reach a given time between 5-32s with your maze (normal tower setup)
- Speedrun: try to get the shortest time, 2-6 thunderclap and a lot of blocking towers will be in your path
- Penalty: unspent ressources will give you a time penalty (more player resources).
Gold -0.5s Lumber -3s
- Healtower: Reach the longest time and do not let your runner die or he will be teleported to the exit.
Under 50% HP your runner will be slowed by 45% because of heavy blood loss! (1-2 healtower are available each round)
- Random: each round is randomly 1 of the 5 standard modes. Reach the individual goal and get the most points. Points are given according to your performance.
- Custom: create your own setup
- Infinite rounds: It is not really a game mode, but I want to metion this here too. In the game options you can select ? as rounds (total time mode).
This means that the game has infinite rounds and will end if no player has build time left.
The uniqueness of this option makes it to a "sub-mode" where you have to be as fast as possible in every mode.
- Rounds: Total number of rounds to play.
? means infinite rounds (only in total time mode).
- Time: Building time you have. Can be set per round or as total time depending on the choosen time mode.
- Time mode: You can choose between round time or total time.
In round time mode every round has the same building time (constant).
In total time mode every player has an own timer for building.
It is important to end the round with the "ready" button in total time mode.
If a player runs out of building time he has to wait until the game ends.
Hint: In total time mode you can choose infinite rounds as extra option!
- Fog: If enabled you can't look on other players while building (useful in some modes).
- Selling: Enables selling of towers you have built (gold and lumber is refunded).
- Tower bombs: If enabled you get randomly 0-2 tower bombs into the inventory of your builder, which allows you to destroy any tower in your maze.
Thunderclap towers: Same as in classic mazing contest, just to compare it with the speedbuff tower,
this tower slows the runner by 50% for 5 sec with 5 sec cooldown.
Hint: Range and cooldown was taken from the "classic" version made by Pender.
Fans of this so called "mazing contest Final 1.x" will notice an increased difficulty to get more than 2 stomps, but this is how the towers used to work!
Speedbuff towers: This towers will increase your runners speed by 50% for 3 sec with a cooldown of 5 sec.
The range of their ability is the same as the thunderclap towers slow.
Healtowers: This towers cast rejuvenation on nearby runners to fully heal them after 1 sec (also removing the slow effect). The range of this ability is exactly the same as thunderclap or speedtowers.
The cooldown of the heal is 5 sec. You wanna place the healtowers to maximize the slow duration of blood loss, just keep in mind that it heals 1 sec delayed!
Hint: The speed and the slow debuff are of the same kind, they will negate each other.
This is really helpful while building your maze, so you can place a thunderclap tower beside a
speedbuff tower and it will revert the acceleration/slow.
I added a lot of customisability in this map with the extra game options after selecting the mode.
The game will automatically restart after 15 sec and you can choose a new mode to play.
Some else stuff about map:
The name "mazing contest 2" may be a little bit confusing, because I don't intend it to be a sequel.
Its rather an altered version, but I did not come up with a better name than version 2.
Something like "mazing contest modified" sounds strange and a completely new name does also not
fit (or nobody will play it xD).
The old intro with an example maze was removed and i implemented a short overview of the choosen settings.
I think that everyone, who plays this map will know about mazing contest, so showing the towers and some information to each mode suits better as intro.
To get a proper replay mechanism, I also removed the longest maze stuff at the end.
Thanks to WTII for testing the 24 player version of this map (version 2.8-3).
Thanks to everyone who played my maps, you motivated me to implement more features .
Thanks to Peppolino my reliable friend who always plays mazing contest with me and tested like every version.
Thanks to Sexytime. and his clan IBCE for playing my maps very often and helping me with bugs and suggestions.
Thanks to CRAZYRUSSIAN, I used your zoom in and zoom out buttons icon in my map (Btncrzoomin, Btncrzoomout).
Creator of mazing contest PENDER for the best map ever made!