• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

maze.game - The spiritual successor to Mazing Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Heya all!

Back in the day me and my friends would play the Warcraft III custom game Mazing Contest a lot!

I really liked the mazing aspect and wanted to explore the options for play within this aspect.

So I took a few months off work and created maze.game!

The game has an Arena mode where you are matched against other players of increasing skill level as you progress!

There is a Challenge mode where you can set up the parameter for a Challenge to play with your friends and a Live mode where you have much longer time limits (24h, 12h, 6h, 3h, 1h, 15m) to figure out the best maze you can make.

The game should work on any device with a browser, and should be able to be played on even slower devices.

We currently have 250+ players signed up, with 8000+ mazes submitted to the Arena, and a healthy amount of daily active players. The game is under active development and the small community that has formed on our Discord is actively discussing the game and its future.

Come join us at maze.game and show us your mazing skills!

The images below are videos, check them out at imgur.

Last edited:
Level 2
this is so cool, reminds me of gem TD. have u considered more block upgrade options?
Thank you! Glad you like it!

I've thought about a 1x1 special block. If you have any ideas for other upgrades I'm always happy to hear them :)

A variation I've been thinking about is moving the entry/exits to random places in the top bottom, or even somewhere on the board. That I think would change up the play quite a bit :)

Level 2
Thank you! Glad you like it!

I've thought about a 1x1 special block. If you have any ideas for other upgrades I'm always happy to hear them :)

A variation I've been thinking about is moving the entry/exits to random places in the top bottom, or even somewhere on the board. That I think would change up the play quite a bit :)
i remember in gem TD there are 4 path point, and the creep has to go to each one of them one by one. This would make the puzzle even more interesting IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.