• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maze of Fame 4 vFinal

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Maze of Fame 4 vFinal (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Mar/10 16:36:45 Reasons: Poor Gameplay, not a lot of originality or fun: General Mapping Tutorials Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map...

M

Vengeancekael: Private Message
Date: 2012/Mar/10 16:36:45

Reasons:
Poor Gameplay, not a lot of originality or fun: General Mapping Tutorials

Other:
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: *You haven't edited Wind Walk's tooltip (it says blademaster)
*Boring spells you've given the hero, be more creative and add new escape mechanics
*Overall too boring, generic and frustrating, even the first level, start it off slowly and add more checkpoints.
*Also pan the camera to the hero's location when he's teleported somewhere else
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

Level 2
Its already hard as it is. Haven't seen anyone beat it beside me and my friend with out saving. It has new things that people never did or used you just have to make it to the other levels to see them. Talk to me when you beat it. I don't think you know what mazes are till you maze in Region of Chaos on East or Euro. Everyone loves mazes like this. I only made this map due to a lot maze fans asking me to make it and they love it so far just had to made some adjustments for them to like it.

Level 31
Its already hard as it is. Haven't seen anyone beat it beside me and my friend with out saving. It has new things that people never did or used you just have to make it to the other levels to see them. Talk to me when you beat it. I don't think you know what mazes are till you maze in Region of Chaos on East or Euro. Everyone loves mazes like this. I only made this map due to a lot maze fans asking me to make it and they love it so far just had to made some adjustments for them to like it.

Mate, I used to run one of the top mazing clan across all the realms. We had many map makers and some of the most talented mazers to have ever been on Warcraft 3. We played all of the maze maps from every clan from every era. The mazes I made were of course the hardest.

If you want to try a maze that's only been beaten by a handful of people in the last few years, try Maze of Hell.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/7583/

It doesn't have many unique ideas in it... there are mazes that are quite a lot better that were made by others, but it is the most difficult one there is : ).

Now, I'm going to link you to some of the fun mazes I used to play from back then
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/15998/

This is a maze made by a member of my old clan, TDoM
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/9089/
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/8152/

This is another made by the same person
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/5487/

I also recommend the old Maze of Honor series 2-5

This one was quite possibly one of my favorites..
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/871/

It's too bad the final level doesn't work

Attached is another map made by Cannon that was a major hit
The grunt testing map was a map made by Cannon for testing to see if members in a branch clan of TDoM had enough skill to be a great (TSMC). The TDoM testing maze was Maze of Hell ; ). There were very few grunts in the clan (only 1, lolz). The only people who could beat it besides the 1 grunt was the chief (me) and a couple of the shamans.

This maze was made by a friend of mine
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/56305/

And I think it is one of the best mazes ever created, if not the best. It is rated 5/5 on epicwar.

There are many other great mazes from back then, but I can't find them on my comp or on epicwar atm.

edit
Also, I only looked at your screenies ; ).

Attachments

• GruntTestingMap.w3x
    87.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Escape Tricky World 2 [v1.6].w3x
    129.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Escape Tricky World [v2.0B].w3m
    214.5 KB · Views: 72
Level 7
Usually RoC mazes are terrible for you use the limited version of the editor instead of the epic TFT version and lack the ability to actually make a real maze. However since your a RoC'er you will disagree with me so try it out for yourself and you can convert TFT maps to RoC. I will try this out and come back to say either nothing new or maybe I might be amazed. From what I see this is the same quality from 2003 which is.... Yea.. leave it at that.

Few suggestions;

Add restart because having to remake is not always the best....
Better abilities?
Better traps/obstacles/units?
Something Unique?

Will post replay soon.

Oh also it is sad that people still bother to corrupt their maps to protect them... :goblin_cry:

Since I can't reply to you on your profile, would you mind if I asked for an unprotected version so I could try to help add something to it? If not then I will just suggest idea's, I would like to look at the triggers to see if I can improve them for you, and no I am not here to steal your map... I have been very inactive and I just like to help if you are wondering why I would ask something like this.

Level 2
@Nestharus
Most of the maps you link me to are pretty much mazes that use terrain kill. Have you maze lately? No one likes Tight terrain kill this days and mazing is barely alive due to the couple map makers or mazers that still play. If you notice hardly anyone plays those maps now. Yea I use to play those maps as well but now it gotten to the point that everyone likes rushing mazes so basically racing each other who can make it faster(Hardly no one like rushing maps that have tight terrain kill or have high collision units). As for top mazing clans I never cared for mazing clans just the mazers and about you saying you knew the most "talented mazers on warcraft 3" people from clan TDoM I presume.. Yea they were some of the best mazers back then. How do i know this? Well I was in the clan as well. Theirs actually still like 2 or 3 players from the clan that still play. If thats the USWest clan I remember about. Theirs a lot more better mazers now.. way better then the people back then. But yea most of them are quitting now since they beat like every maze or got a life to get to.
About you recommending Maze of Honor series 2-5... Thats actually the mazes that got me into mazing besides Run kitty run. Their still fun if you wanna kill some time but to easy now..

@Vehster
Yes I can give you a unprotected version if you like but I'm not making any changes anymore vFinal is their for a reason. But If I'm gonna give you the unprotected version your not allowed to make a new version and host it to the public. As for you looking at the triggers and want to show me a way to improve them I wouldn't mind actually knowing that just in case I make another map.
About the "Usually RoC mazes are terrible for you use the limited version of the editor instead of the epic TFT version and lack the ability to actually make a real maze" that only implies to people that don't have knowledge on how to import the tft stuff to roc.
(Oh also it is sad that people still bother to corrupt their maps to protect them) I use Wc3mapoptimizer and keep everything on check so yea...
But yea if you wanna take a look at the triggers and want to help me improve them.. just let me know and ill pm you the unprotected version.

Level 7
Yes I still want the unprotected version, I wouldn't release a new version... as I said I don't do that.

Oh also nobody has beat every maze, just the poor ones...
Replay will take a bit longer, I tried to rush it and died several times....
However this is just another maze that has the best things from all the other basic mazes.

Also nothing should be final since everything can be improved one way or another....

Level 31
Most of the maps you link me to are pretty much mazes that use terrain kill. Have you maze lately? No one likes Tight terrain kill this days and mazing is barely alive due to the couple map makers or mazers that still play. If you notice hardly anyone plays those maps now. Yea I use to play those maps as well but now it gotten to the point that everyone likes rushing mazes so basically racing each other who can make it faster(Hardly no one like rushing maps that have tight terrain kill or have high collision units). As for top mazing clans I never cared for mazing clans just the mazers and about you saying you knew the most "talented mazers on warcraft 3" people from clan TDoM I presume.. Yea they were some of the best mazers back then. How do i know this? Well I was in the clan as well. Theirs actually still like 2 or 3 players from the clan that still play. If thats the USWest clan I remember about. Theirs a lot more better mazers now.. way better then the people back then. But yea most of them are quitting now since they beat like every maze or got a life to get to.
About you recommending Maze of Honor series 2-5... Thats actually the mazes that got me into mazing besides Run kitty run. Their still fun if you wanna kill some time but to easy now..

So then, you're saying that the newer mazes aren't as challenging as the old mazes from back then? Btw, I founded TDoM. I was it's first chief, lol. I don't remember you, but then again, I only remember a few people from back then, namely lordofthemazer, paperscraps, and cannon ;o.

By the way, have these so called leet mazers beaten Maze of Hell? I have beaten every map I have linked and attached, including that infernal TSCM Grunt Test Map >.<.

Also, does your map have any awesome bosses like Maze of Sliding Koopas or old Maze Worlds by LimiteR had?

Level 2
"newer mazes aren't as challenging as the old mazes from back then"
No their actually pretty much the same just takes longer and gets boring to play old mazes with tight regions or terrain kill. But the old mazes are fancier then the new ones.

And yes one my friends beat that maze like I said you just have to take your time to beat mazes like that. It gets boring if you go slow like that waiting for the path to be open again. I actually use to play this a lot when I first got tft never beat it myself since i always rage with maps like this. But I love the triggers they used and the effects they made.

As for not knowing me is because I was in the clan for like 2 weeks because I left lol I don't remember no one but cannon even though i hardly knew him And one other friend that said he was in the clan RelaxNTakeNotes idk if that was his ign in that server though. FaMoUs was not my original ign at that time.. After that I stay solo for a bit and got into RoC mazes.

And no my map does not have a boss. I was never good at making them. Yes their fun to beat. Have you ever played 101 rounds? Thats a pretty insane map with a bunch of bosses. Pretty much saw every boss since I help test the map and gave suggestions. Actually find this map the hardest. Its pretty much a maze in my mind.

Level 31
No their actually pretty much the same just takes longer and gets boring to play old mazes with tight regions or terrain kill. But the old mazes are fancier then the new ones.

Dude.. I don't know about you, but I found the grunt testing map to be rather fast paced and fun. Another fast paced map was the old Maze of Honor EMG. It focused on making Maze of Honor 2 harder, but not so hard that it was freakishly difficult. EMG later turned into Maze of Hell, which is why maze of hell is similar to maze of honor 2.

I personally enjoyed playing it a lot, even though only the first part was done ; P. Could beat that first part every time ^^. It's extremely fast paced ;o.

Also, I knew RelaxNTakeNotes too ^)^. Shado as well ;D.

But I love the triggers they used and the effects they made.
Thanks. Glad to know my hard work is appreciated.

Attachments

• Maze of Honor 2 - EMG 13.w3x
    161.8 KB · Views: 112
Level 2
I remember when i first played Moh2 EMG never even got pass the first tanks lol and yea i hardly played that map due to that reason. Yea I'm not really much of a amazing mazer just decent. I was playing it today actually for an hour or so. Can't even beat level one but yea its fun at the start just gets frustrating after 20 minutes of trying. Was close to beating it though. If i would have played longer i would have eventually beat it but you never know.

Level 31
Ok, you seem to have no idea how to do terrain check btw..

There is nothing wrong with doing terrain check instead of regions.

Just try the sensitivity in the attached map and see if you like it. Yes, that is pure terrain check, no regions.

I used 16. 8 seemed a little tight and 32 was a bit sloppy ^)^. 16 seems perfect =).

And if you don't like the radius I used, you can modify it given that you have vjass >.>.

I don't see why you would ever use regions.. that's just masses of handles + a pain to place.. terrain check is so much easier and can get the exact same results if you actually know how to do it properly.

Here is the code
JASS:
            if (GetTerrainType(x+RADIUS,y) == killTerrain and GetTerrainType(x-RADIUS, y) == killTerrain and GetTerrainType(x, y+RADIUS) == killTerrain and GetTerrainType(x, y-RADIUS) == killTerrain) then
                call KillUnit(playerUnit)
            endif

Rather than checking the unit's position for terrain, I check around the unit to make sure that they are deep enough ^)^. You could also add diagonal stuff (+RADIUS, +RADIUS, +RADIUS, -RADIUS, etc) to make sure that they are completely surrounded by terrain, but I was too lazy to do it.

8 checks (with diags) 32x a second on each player unit. This will give you the exact same results as regions without having to actually deal with them... so much easier. You can then focus on your maze rather than on making masses of regions, lolz.

Also, I am not saying that any of those older maze maps did terrain check properly ; P.

edit
Here's the TerrainCheck lib
JASS:
library TerrainCheck /* v1.0.0.0
*************************************************************************************
*   */ uses /*
*       */ Tt       /*hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-resources-412/system-timer-tools-201165/
************************************************************************************
*   struct TerrainCheck extends array
*       method register takes unit whichUnit returns nothing
*           -   Registers unit to be killed when it is on terrain
*           -   call TerrainCheck[terrainType].register(whichUnit)
*       method unregister takes unit whichUnit returns nothing
*           -   Unregisters unit from terrain (will no longer die on that terrain)
*           -   call TerrainCheck[terrainType].unregister(whichUnit)
************************************************************************************/
    globals
        private constant real RADIUS = 16
        private hashtable table = InitHashtable()
    endglobals

private struct Check extends array
        private static constant real TIMEOUT = .03

unit c
        integer t
        implement CTTC
            local unit u
            local real x
            local real y
            local integer m
        implement CTTCExpire
            set u = this.c
            set x = GetUnitX(u)
            set y = GetUnitY(u)
            set m = t

if (GetTerrainType(x+RADIUS,y) == m and GetTerrainType(x-RADIUS, y) == m and GetTerrainType(x, y+RADIUS) == m and GetTerrainType(x, y-RADIUS) == m and /*
            */ GetTerrainType(x+RADIUS, y+RADIUS) == m and GetTerrainType(x+RADIUS, y-RADIUS) == m and GetTerrainType(x-RADIUS, y+RADIUS) == m and GetTerrainType(x-RADIUS, y-RADIUS) == m) then
                call KillUnit(u)
            endif
        implement CTTCNull
            set u = null
        implement CTTCEnd
    endstruct

struct TerrainCheck extends array
        method register takes unit u returns nothing
            local Check check =  Check.create()
            call SaveInteger(table, check, GetHandleId(u), check)
            set check.c = u
            set check.t = this
        endmethod
        method unregister takes unit u returns nothing
            local integer h = GetHandleId(u)
            local Check c
            if (HaveSavedInteger(table, this, h)) then
                set c = LoadInteger(table, this, h)
                call RemoveSavedInteger(table, this, h)
                set c.c = null
                call c.destroy()
            endif
        endmethod
    endstruct
endlibrary

Attachments

• Terrain Check.w3m
    23.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Level 2
@Nestharus
Don't like using terrain kill for land mazes but i do use it for slide maps and yes I know about terrain check pretty much offsets and I didn't place death regions I use the region kill system.. that i posted on description.
But yes terrain kill check is good.
I hear terrain kill uses a lot of the game memory don't know for sure myself.

@Vehster
Nice you beat it and yea I made it skip scores with victory so you couldn't save replay of you beating it. But you could have gotten it with "LastReplay".
I was ask to make a new rushable maze from the maze roc community so i did. Never said it was gonna be unique. They seem to enjoy it anyway got your pm.. I'll pm you in a bit.