• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Maybe a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hi!
I recently started ahving issues with WEX, and I did not understand what was going on at all.
I thought it may have been my map, so I tried a simple JASS trigger in an empty map. But the same error occured. Here's the trigger:
Code:
scope Test initializer Init

struct A

public string message

public static method create takes string s returns thistype
        local thistype this = thistype.allocate()
        set this.message=s
        return this
    endmethod

public method showMessage takes nothing returns nothing
        call BJDebugMsg(.message)
    endmethod

endstruct

private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
        local A a
        set a = A.create("vJASS works :)")
        call a.showMessage()
    endfunction

endscope

And here is the error message:
f686ecc26263d9b85569317d85915ae2.png

It seems like it couldn't read the code at all?
A friend of mine tested this same code in his editor (something else than WEX) and it worked fine.

~El

~El

Level 17
I remember having a similar issue, and I think it was related to pJass not running, so the code was just pasted as-is, which is obviously not valid vanilla JASS.

Make sure pJass is enabled in the menus, and that it works properly (you can try poking it through the command line, it's bundled somewhere in wex plugins)

Level 26
Sorry. Don't feel like digging into the problem further, as I already ripped my hair over a similiar problem that appeared in the JNGP.
I don't know if this fixes the issue here, but in the JNGP, none of the code was working either. I had to create a syntax error, try to run the map for the JASShelper to detect it, and then correct it to make all other JASS work.

Status
Not open for further replies.