• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

max life + life for <duration>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey, i want to make a trigger where the actions should be something like:

adding 100 hp to a unit
wait 20 sec
remove those hitpoints

also keep in mind that the unit might have lvl'ed or picked up an item that increases hp while its waiting.

Any suggestions? ^^

thanks !

Level 9
metamorphis? avatar?

event (what you want)
actions:
ability - add metamorphis to your unit
unit - order unit to cast metamorphis (forgot its name in GUI)
wait some seconds
remove ability of type metamorphis from your unit

thats if you want it as a trigger, i know my text is wrong but its what i could do.

Level 8
Depends if you mean adding 100 to the untis current or maximum life. If you're wanting current life, e.g. the unit has 600/1000 hp and you want it to go to 700/1000 then after 20 seconds remove that 100 a simple trigger like this should be fine.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + 100.00)
      • Wait 20.00 seconds
      • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - 100.00)
Assuming you want the changes to be caused by an ability being cast on the unit you would use (Target unit of ability being cast) otherwise change it to what you require.

If you want to change maximum life, you could try making a passive unit ability (based off Item Life Bonus I would guess) and then use triggers to add it and take it away. Something like this:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Channel to (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Wait 20.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Channel from (Target unit of ability being cast)
Obviously it wouldn't be channel, just used that as a quick example. If you didn't want the ability to show up on the unit, you'd need to use a simple spell book system to disable it and so on. There are plenty of tutorials for that kind of thing available though :D

Hope that helps a little :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.