• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maul of Strength

Sorry for eventual spam. Those models are verry easy to make and can be done in a few hours so everytime I get an idea there is a model a few hours later.

Anyway give credits and all that. Hope you'll like it.

UPDATE: I changed the wrapping to make a little more logical shading since I didn't consider that when I rotated it.
UPDATE 2: Added DARKNESS.

Keywords:
Hammer, Fall, Maul, dwarf, smith, blacksmith, iron, heavy, metal, hard, murderweapon, phail
Contents

Maul of Strength (Model)

Reviews
19:08, 19th Mar 2009 LiOneSS: use a different texture for blade, this one is too bright. 20th Mar Lio: approvizzled.

M

19:08, 19th Mar 2009
LiOneSS: use a different texture for blade, this one is too bright.

20th Mar
Lio: approvizzled.

Level 22
i think it's just cause of the villager's hand when it's in it's attack animations and stand ready animation.
anyways, looks like a thunder hammer from wh40k.
i recommend making the stone part abit darker, right now it's really white.

Level 28
khangaroo said:
Nice made though if you look carefully at the icon only one end is a hammer. Otherwise very nice done. Perfect for LOAP 3.5/5

Both ends are the same. They just look different due to the perspective.

NhazUl said:
Hm. Just use geoset animations, I suggest. ^^ Split the iron geoset in Mdlvis and darken it.

Well I've heard about interpretting expressions but reading minds over the internet is something new. Care to teach me?

Level 18
Kaaaaay. :)

So in Mdlvis select the metal parts and click "Detach as new geoset". Then open it in Magos.

Ctrl+click the metal geoset to see its ID in the Geoset Manager. Then open the Geoset Animation Manager. Right click and Create New geoset animation. So you have a small field where you set the geoset ID (bottom left). You also have a small color box. Click on it to set the color of the animation (some light gray). Then tick the little "Use color" checkbox below it.

The coloring will be seen in the animations, but not in Unanimated stance. Good luck. :)

Level 11
it doesnt look like that villager is holding it right

i think you need to rotate the attachment a bit so that it looks right.

Well, villagers aren't supposed to wield weapons. They attack with their bare hands, so it's normal not to look right wielding a weapon. AnywayZ, keep up the good work Thrikodius :D

Level 1
Well, i just had to say this scinse nobody else did - why not just use the Gryphon Rider projectile? it looks pretty similar even though it "explodes" when the unit dies, also it is indeed useful 5 kb = Nothing and it is better than the gryphon but if u wanna be Cheap just use the gryphon projectile! 4/5 good n useful.

Level 28
Well, i just had to say this scinse nobody else did - why not just use the Gryphon Rider projectile? it looks pretty similar even though it "explodes" when the unit dies, also it is indeed useful 5 kb = Nothing and it is better than the gryphon but if u wanna be Cheap just use the gryphon projectile! 4/5 good n useful.

Why ripp off blizzards work when I can make something on my own?