• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mathog (Slave Master) Re-Reforged

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.

MATHOG (SLAVE MASTER) RE-REFORGED

Custom Mathog (Slave Master) model, based on both the Fel Orc Rider and Mathog models. It makes little sense for an orc to mount an horse, so it now mounts a wolf instead. Animations are adjusted accordingly.

The model was developed by Tamplier777 over a skin by Bagysta for Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged, and tweaked by me. I think many could benefit from it. You are free to use it, but you are required to give credits to Tamplier777 and Bagysta for it (and it is very welcome if you link my project along with the credits).

The model is fully functional, both for gamplay and cinematic wise, and it is compatible with Mathog facial animations.
The model and animation edits are done using Reteras Model Studio.

INSTALLATION
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path:
    Mathog.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path:
    Mathog_Portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths:
    mathog_green_main_diffuse.dds
  • Enjoy!
Previews
Contents

Mathog (Slave Master) Re-Reforged (Model)

Mathog (Slave Master) Re-Reforged Portrait (Model)

Level 8
I've always found it odd that an orc rides a horse while others ride wolves. Wasn't the Wolf enough for him? Well, now the situation has been corrected.)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I've always found it odd that an orc rides a horse while others ride wolves. Wasn't the Wolf enough for him? Well, now the situation has been corrected.)
It was actually very suitable since he was a slave master. Showing that he even controls the things that humans ride was more in tone with the theme.

Level 8
It was actually very suitable since he was a slave master. Showing that he even controls the things that humans ride was more in tone with the theme.
I never thought about it that way. Did the orcs use humans as slaves? They just sacrificed them. They are not the same thing.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Did the orcs use humans as slaves? They just sacrificed them. They are not the same thing.
Not in the way the humans used the orcs in the camps but regardless, when you are in captivity, you are not free anymore, so yeah, even if they were only kept for a short period of time before they were sacrificed, they were still pretty much slaves. The unit is called Slave Master too.

Level 4
Horse as a mount makes sense, a horse is a more stable mount than a wolf
regardless, this is cool

Level 1
hey i think im getting an error, i followed your installation process but for some reason the unit is color whte?

1689386959498.png