• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Massive Purge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
This is it, I’m sick of all the shit I see in the icon section. It’s time to do something! Like Tiki said, time to make a massive purge. What I’m talking about? Remove all recolors, double submissions, thieveries, bad screenshots, non-shaded icons, non-warcraft related icons, and the list may continue. I have attempted to gather all such icons, so I’m asking you to delete them this time. I gave you a lot of recolors last time ElfWarfare, yet you removed only a small part of them. Please do it this time! I have saved all links on my harddisk, if you miss something.

Recolors/stealing

a) Blizzard recolors

haha

b) User recolors/stealing/double posting

Terminated...

Unchanced or barely changed blizzard icons

They are no more!

Non-warcraft compatible

Gone

Blurred, not detailed, not shaded or bad icons

Purged

I really care about this section, so I wouldn't like to see it going down like this.

~Daelin

Level 11
I think I'll keep searching for some more... I'm not done. But this purging was required so that I could observe other trashes as well. I still don't get why you didn't delete some of them, even if they are obivous recolors, such as the orb of lightning which is yellow. I'll try to get more craps in depth now...

~Daelin

Level 11
Ok, I understand that most of these icons might not look as if they are breakin the rules, atleast at first sight. But after,
you will realize that now I entered in depth. You have to take useful icons, and those which truly represent something, not
just a photoshop effect applied, which means nothing. Look at Blizzard icons (especially at the abilities). Each of them
represents something, either if it is a decayed rose (Death and Decay), a dark skull (Death Coil) or a light with well
defined shape (Holy Light). They are not just a thrown effect. They all have a good shape, which isn't just a line, or a circle.
Another thing icons should have is shading. I understand that not everyone can achieve proper shading, but that's what makes
an icon look good: shading! And I mean it this time, if you are not sure why I added an icon here, ask me and I'll tell ya.

Recolors/stealing/bad mergings

Unchanced or barely changed icons

Non-warcraft compatible

Blurred, not detailed, not shaded or bad icons

Also, a special attention should be brought to WoW double posted icons. Indeed, the frameborder looks slightly modified to the resubmittion, but that is just unimportant.

Good luck, have fun.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.