1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Massive Mortar

Submitted by arnelbigstonepd33r
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
My 9th upload and it's a tower..... A defensive structure that deals destructive amount of damage (Depends on how much damage you add to it). Model concept is based on the multi mortar of Clash of Clans but I made it more dwarven style (No other texture to think). Enjoy....

Update v1.1:
-Optimized model content
-Revamped Birth Animation
-With appropriate HP bar position
-Added metal chunks on death animation
Previews
Contents

Massive Mortar (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Works in-game and performs adequately. A clever idea and good execution of animations and UV mapping. Good job.
  1. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is pretty dang cool! You could've gotten away with something much simpler, but you went the extra mile, here. I particularly love the Birth anim. : )

One question; does it have a Root bone that allows it to swivel to face it's targets (like the Cannon Tower)? If not I feel it might look a bit out of place (i.e. placed to the south of the enemy, aiming south but shooting north).

One addition; consider a "flip-top" nuke-launching alternate attack sequence (the base looks just like a nuclear silo IMO). : )

2. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Not Root Bone. It's called "bone_turret". And to face it's target it would have some additional "animation information" in "Attack" and "Stand Ready" to work properly. I would just copy the Rotation Information via Magos from the Cannon Tower.

3. loboproto

loboproto

Resources:
    Resources:
    hehehe is great. Never create a futuristic map. But I love seeing these models. Very pretty.

4. Fabrizio

Fabrizio

Resources:
    Resources:
    It reminds me of the 2012 movie of ships and aliens xd I do not know the name, good animations.

5. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please remove the unused materials of the model.

6. FeruEnzeruJKun

FeruEnzeruJKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks nice for a three cannon defense add-on facility fitting for my XCOM in WC3 plans. :ah:

oh. :am:
    maybe it might have issues or bugs. + adding it the "save on "list please. :ast:

7. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Works in-game and performs adequately.
    A clever idea and good execution of animations and UV mapping.
    Good job.