• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Massive Entangle v0.1b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Ironside
Yet again another spell... THIS SPELL IS FOR NEWBIES OR EVEN FOR OLDER PEOPLES THAT WORKING IN WORLD EDITOR FEEL FREE TO USE THIS SPELL!!

This is just a small easy to make spell.
It's GUI/MUI and I believe there is no leaks in it :)!.

[hidden="v0.1b]
  • Massive Entangle
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Massive Entangle
    • Actions
      • Set Entangle_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Entangle = (Units within 200.00 of (Target point of ability being cast))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Entangle_Point)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Entangle and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Entangle_Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy_Entangle for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Entangle_Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set Entangle_LCU = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of DummySpell_Entangle for Entangle_LCU to (Level of Massive Entangle for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order Entangle_LCU to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to Entangle_LCU
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Entangle_Point)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Entangle)
[/hidden]

Keywords:
Massive!!
Contents

Madietor - Massive Entangle (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. 06:21, 31st Jul 2012 Magtheridon96: This is far too simple. Also, you're leaking (Target point of ability being cast).

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected.

06:21, 31st Jul 2012
Magtheridon96: This is far too simple.
Also, you're leaking (Target point of ability being cast).

Store the triggering unit in a variable, and the triggering player.
Use (Triggering player) instead of (Owner of (Triggering unit)).
Store the level of the ability for the unit above the "Pick every units" block and use the variable.

Remember, you should always store things into variables so you don't have to repeatedly call them again and again.
It's more efficient if you use variables.

edit
And please try to make more complex spells, because currently, it's incredibly difficult to decide whether we should approve or reject resources like this.

Level 7
Store the triggering unit in a variable, and the triggering player.
Use (Triggering player) instead of (Owner of (Triggering unit)).
Store the level of the ability for the unit above the "Pick every units" block and use the variable.

Remember, you should always store things into variables so you don't have to repeatedly call them again and again.
It's more efficient if you use variables.

edit
And please try to make more complex spells, because currently, it's incredibly difficult to decide whether we should approve or reject resources like this.

OK. by the way I never said to approve my spells it's in your decision don't include me to this :)

Ironside said:
thanks bro you understand!!

Level 25
Since both of these spells follow the same principle (creating a dummy unit which does the effect via object editor) the usefulness of having both as an example in the spell section is none.

So you have to decide if having such simple spells is okay or not, be aware tho if you do allow these spells in the spell section you will have to allow every other spell simple as this one.

I can only share my insight based on what the moderators before did to my simple resources:
Rejected because the spell is too simple.

And they worked on pretty much the same principle as these ones.