• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

entangling roots spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
does anyone know how to make an "area of effect" entangling roots? for example: units in a certain radius get entangled?

Level 12
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit within 500 Range of (Casting unit) matching (Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit)) and do (Actions)
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit))
    • Unit - Add Entangling Roots to (Last Created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last Created unit) to Night Elf Keeper of the Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
    • Unit - Add a 2 second experation timer to (Last Created unit)
i think that should work :p

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
This will also worck :

Entangle All
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Entangle all
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Casting unit))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Dummy (Night Elf Form) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add Entangling Roots to (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
Unit - Hide (Last created unit)
Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Level 10
I know it can still cast spells and take damage from aoe effects, this has been tested.Well, you can't cats new spells, but it doesn't interrupt channeling. However, if your dummy unit is made right, you don't need to do that at all. Just equip the dummy unit with the locust ability and ghost (visible) ability and we're all good.

Level 10
I've always wondered about that myself but people have always said to add both abilities. I guess it shouldn't matter but perhaps the locust units can block other units? It doesn't make sense that they would be. It would seem that just using locust is fine. Still, I'm not sure but there might be certain situations where that creates problems, I'm not sure. I just do it as habit now.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Locus makes the unit not be picked by some pick unit actions, thus it is needed that you store the units in some cases in a group since you can not pick them from the map and put them esily in a group. Locust causes no problems with next to that which a few lines of jass can easily fix.

Level 10
ah jass. since i'm unaware of how it's used, i'll have to stick with keeping track of them via globals in .GUI :/. I've never had to locate a group of locust units, though....

btw if you set their movement type to fly, they will hover and gain height when closer to trees, structures, and other units. I usually go with none, and use the flying trick if I have to change height.

Status
Not open for further replies.