• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mass Units Moving Causing Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So anyone who's had some fun with the World Editor knows that if you order too many units to do something all at the same time, they begin to jam and most every unit on the map can't take any action.

But there are some custom maps that use a ton of units doing stuff without them getting jammed (mostly zombie games like Undead Assault 2). What I would like to know is how to make it so nothing jams when a ton of units are given orders.

Level 6
You will need the units to have various owners. Divide your units to let's say 3/4 players and it will not cause such a jam. I tested it and it works.
I had also heard of an alternative, to give your units Ghost (Visible) skill, but it will disable their pathing, making them pass through each other. It's up to you.

Ok that sounds more like it. Thank you, thats a good idea.

Edit: No luck with dividing the units between players, and I need my units to have collision still. Hopefully someone else will know

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.