• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maps Not Showing Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I seem to have a problem, you see, I am using Windows 7. I make maps since I had XP. But I never had this problem before. When I make a map and post it at my map folder, It seems to be not appearing. When I check into World Editor and check the map, it appears there but with it is a lock. Am I missing a download or something? Help me figure this out. :ogre_rage:

Level 5
I have had the same problem, but you can still search for it in in the start menu and load it from there.

Level 9
No, actually. My map names are quite short. What I'm saying is that the map has an icon of a lock by the side of it. If the map name is too long, the map/scroll icon would remain the same. EDIT: When I play Warcraft, I also don't see the map. And so I can't upload the map to any site or host it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What I'm saying is that the map has an icon of a lock by the side of it.
Try giving the file sufficient permission to access it...

The lock icon means the account you are currently using does not have sufficient permission to use the file. To change permission you will need administrator privileges. Permissions can be changed for a file by...
Right-click->Properties->Security section

Edit the properties for the group or username that you use to play WarCraft III as (usually the one you are currently loged in as). If it does not appear in this list, you will need to add it under advanced section.

For more help, look up changing file permission in your operating system version and language. This is not a WarCraft III problem, but a problem with operating system security.

and can you show me the icon of your strange maps icon??
It is the standard Windows "insufficient permission" sub-icon that is given to files your account cannot view.

Level 9
The group or username that I'm trying to get ownership with the map, I keep on making it have the ownership, but something just declines it. This thing just appears: (Unable to set new owner on -map-. The system cannot be specified.)

Status
Not open for further replies.