• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map works in world editor test but not as part of campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello. I just started learning the world editor this weekend, and I'm putting together a fun little map to test things out. The tutorials on here have been a really big help, and I'd like to thank the writers who put them together.

Now the past couple days I've been experiencing a very odd glitch in my work. I intend to have my map be the first of a campaign. To that end, I made a custom campaign and imported the map. If I run the map using the test map button in the world editor, everything runs correctly. However, if I run it through warcraft 3 within the custom campaign I made, the AI refuses to run. I figure this means that I probably built my campaign file the wrong way, but I can't figure out what I did wrong. The AIs used by the map were both imported separately into the map and the campaign. My triggers call the AIs inside the map. I've tried having them call the ones in the campaign, but I haven't seen the difference.

I imagine this probably a pretty common, obvious issue, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on the site. Do any of you know what could be causing the problem?

Thanks for the help,
StealthLord

Level 1
I have the object data in both the campaign and the map. The problem I'm having is that the enemy AI doesn't run when I test it in the campaign manually, but it does when I test the map through the world editor. Everything else works correctly. All of my object data and triggers all work. I tried having the AI in both the campaign and map, and it doesn't seem to matter which import location I refer to in the triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.