• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map size to big?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
When I try to host my map on WC3, it keeps telling me the map size is to big. IS there a way to compress a map, or remove the size limit?

Level 4
Although the Widgetizer is a very useful tool, it might make the map a little bit bigger, very miniscule though, only reason not to use it is because of size limitations.

Level 8
There are several ways to reduce size.

1. some external compressor (like avove mentioned)
2. you reduce amount of imported things (like mentioned above )
3. You compress the triggers (like instead of 8 triggers with always same code... only with player difference, you can also write one trigger where you add some conditions)

There are some others, but these would reduce quality of map (like reducing terrain)

Hope that helped

Level 18
There are several ways to reduce size.

1. some external compressor (like avove mentioned)
2. you reduce amount of imported things (like mentioned above )
3. You compress the triggers (like instead of 8 triggers with always same code... only with player difference, you can also write one trigger where you add some conditions)

There are some others, but these would reduce quality of map (like reducing terrain)

Hope that helped

I think that reducing imports would be the easiest option. compressing triggers (probably) will not clear a lot of space and might make triggers just a lot more complicated. Never tried to use a compressor (don't know how to do so :cute:), but they might just be useful :wink:

If you have a lot of imports that you did''t use at the end, well then it might be easy to fix.

Post 50 yay and cool Kirby avatar! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.