• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Map Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone knows a good guide for making Map Restoration of the old maps before patch 1.24 which are no longer working again.

Me and some friends enjoy a lot playing the this map:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/robot-wars-2-2-a-106785/?prev=search=robot&d=list&r=20

This is a kinda old map (2008) however I still believe it is one of the best arenas ever made in the custom maps scene. I would like to get back working again even if I have to start learning how to do so from the very beginning. Thorough the years we have been using Version Switcher to swap our Warcraft III into version 1.22 when it is still playable. However we would like to get rid of many bugs currently in the map, as well as not having do this method every time we want to play it.

For this, I have been seeking and looking for guides on how to do it. The map is protected, so before I learn how to fix the triggers I am seeking how to keep them in an "editable" version and later converting them into present triggers (after 1.24 patch). I have already tried to contact the original author but he is gone since about 5 years. So far this is the best guide I have found, but is quite outdated and most of the links are gone.

http://forum.wc3edit.net/deprotection-cheating-f64/map-restoration-done-t1606.html

Could anyone help with this?

Level 7
Yes, I am aware asking for de-protecting maps is not allowed, I have been a long while in hive. My concern is restoration of a map before patch 1.24.

Just to make it clear, I am not asking for help or anything related to steal someone else´s work, I want to make a map playable again in the current version.

Thank you for you quick reply Ralle, I will give it a look and see what can I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.