• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

map races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i have been making races 4 my map 2 play as e.g. naga, satyer, draenei ect
basically what i have done is created a dialog with all the races coming up, but i dont how to make it when u click on sumthing like naga, i can't make it create starting units, in a region, i am using a melee map i can make ne orc undead and human appear, but can't make other races appear,

if there is any chance of help i would appreciate it!

or if its unclear i can write it out again

Level 9
Slightly unclear, but I'll do my best. The Triggers for Melee Map only bring up the NE/Orc/UD/Human starting units-ever. However, with simple triggers when the map starts up, you can just pick every unit in the map matching the peasant/acolyte/wisp/peon and matching starting structure and replace them with your own.

Level 9
I'll tell you if your promise to add in missing letters to your words.

• Swapping Command Centers
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Town Hall)) and do (Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Draenie Building using The old unit's relative life and mana)
You just replaced the Town Hall with a Draenie building. Do that for all the starting units.

Level 7
yes well, thanks 4 the help and the missing letters, well my other keyboard has been taken away and i'm stuck with a more useless one

Level 7
any chance of explaining everything, cause well i'm not the best at triggers

Level 8
You need to use varuables. Create a variable called e.g NagaButton and others like this for the other races. The variable should be a Dialog Button.

• Set Variables Trigger
  • Events -
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions -
  • Actions -
    • Set Variable - Set NagaButton = Last clicked Button
    • Set Variable - Set SatyrButton = Last clicked Button
    • Comment - etc. races.
Then make the following trigger for every race, that when you click the button it will create a unit in your region

• Creation (1)
  • Events
    • A button has been clicked for (your dialog)
  • Conditiosn
    • Clicked button equal to Naga
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 NagaWorker (e.g) at (your region)
Or you may try replace the starting position or whatever with your building.

Status
Not open for further replies.