• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map-Protector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Darky, you told me about 2 months ago that you developed a map-protector which allows other people to open the map, view the triggers and so on. But if they change the map-author they can't save the map anymore.
You also sent me an example map where i can try it for myself. I think this protector is a great idea! Can you upload it in your tools-section? I'd really like to use it.

5MinutenTerrine

Level 4
Yes, me too. It is just great. So we can look at the triggers and so on, but the author cannot be changed. The only problem is, when htey ruin the map, and all think you made such crap. :?
I protect it with "Heavy locker", though.

PS:5MinutenTerrine, du auch hier? :p

Level 3
Hmm

I think people use map protectors to protect it from theft, which is a shame to newcomers making maps. So, if people make tutorial maps that peeps can open up, it would solve this problem once and for all!

I don't know about you, but I don't want another person take my maps, give themself credit or trash it!
That's why I use map protectors though!

Darky, your skins and stuff rules!

Level 1
Darky,

How do you unprotect maps, and where is this heavy locker application that locks them, I don't see them in the tools section.

Sincerely,

Strom

Level 1
Dude, can I have your unprotect scripts? I have servers that can handle just about any type of script... I am as against map protecting as you are. If you feel so strongly about it, I suggest releasing your map unprotector script to the public so people can use it.

Just a thought.

-nathanmx

Level 1
There is supposedly a way to "protect a map" with the help of a application, it makes it so mostly everything can't be changed, actually, it doesn't ALLOW you to save the file, but you are allowed to see the triggers and be able to learn from them how they work, if i can refind this i will be sure to see if i can post it, but, i most likely will not be able to find it :( I also know it exists, seeing how UndeadBudgie's FFORPG and most by DankStoner are like that, but they didn't want people to even open the maps (such a shame too not be able to look at!). But you can also see the reason they protected :

1: so people can't cheat by opening up the editor, learning the save/load codes of them, and figure out every code and be able to get anything.

2: to make it so people don't rip-off, destroy, ruin, cripple, steal-credit, ect. from their map.

What they truly need to add to a map editor is a protection that can hide and/or destroy certain triggers (such as save/load code trigs) yet also allow people to look at the other triggers!

Status
Not open for further replies.