• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Protector V1.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: TheBlooddancer
This tool originates from here

This tool is used to protect WC3 maps.Everyone should have it.

Keywords:
map protector,protector
Contents

Map Protector V1.4 (Binary)

Reviews
18:40, 6th Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: What does this tool do that makes it better from other map protectors. Specifically Vexorian's map optimizer, which obfuscates script and greatly reduces map size.
Level 8
Hmmmm...I have another system thats protects my maps,but it aways turn my map in not Expasion required,hmmm....If this system works better I will use with as my new map protector!!!:grin::grin:

Testing...

WHat???This system does not WORK!I was testing it then i clciked start,and waited what comes up.Then the programm suddenly opened Warcraft3 The Frozen Throne! I really don't liked it and the map don't get protected too.I'm sorry but until you make this better I will give you a 1/5. =(

you dont like it because it didnt work? your evidently doing something wrong

Level 13
It can work with TFT maps!

You only need to write the right path in both of the path's space.

For example:
I have a w3x map on the desktop. If you browse the map you won't find any solution, but if you write the right path it works properly.

EXample:
Location map: C:\Users\PippoKiller\Desktop\testmap.w3x
Destination Location: C:\Users\PippoKiller\Desktop\testmap(PROTECTED).w3x

Then click on start, and it will certainly works!:thumbs_up:

Level 2
doesnt seem to be working for me either, maybe im doing it wrong? i click my map, load it into the thingy, then choose the destination and name for the protect one, press start. go to the "protected map" and it still seems to be able to be edited in WE. did i do something wrong?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It protects nothing, your map is still able to be hacked into and triggers removed.

Go with vexorians optimizer to help damage your map so people can not open it. However vexorian's optimizer also reduces map size and load times, so it is a win/win situation.

There is no way to protect WC3 maps, only damage them to make hacking harder.