• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Playing/Testing help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I asked people before on chat but no one could help. I want to test a map I made but it keep asking for my ROC CD (I lost it) even if i put TFT units in... Also to add to this... I cannot play games i download from internet, same thing.(it asks for my ROC CD). Before anyone says save it and test it on TFT single player not testing it from WE. I tryed that....

Conclusion, I want to play it on TFT, but I either cannot find it in my game list and/or in WE it only asks for my ROC CD

I hope someone can help! (Any help is appreciated) :infl_thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 9
Dark Hunter1357... third post of yours i read, third post which is offtopic
you really should read more slowly the other people post :

I asked people before on chat but noone could help. I want to test a map I made but it keep asking for my ROC CD (I lost it) even if i put TFT units in... im like WAT THE! Also to add to this... I cannot play games i download from internet, same thing.(it asks for my ROC CD). Before anyone says save it and test it on TFT single player not testing it from WE. I tryed that....

So :
maps (not game, not WE) request ROC cd (not TFT, ROC!)
he has lost the ROC cd but he still has the TFT one
that's weird, that shouldn't do that, now if you have any idea, he will be happy to read it

Level 9
You need the ROC cd to put TFT unit in a map? in wich world?

How he do this :
1) he put his TFT CD in his computer
2) he open his map with the world editor
3) he add a TFT unit like the bloodmage on the map
4) he save the map which become a .w3x
and then
5) he launch warcraft 3
6) he load his previously saved map
7) the game ask the ROC cd (and it should not because the TFT cd should be enough)

you shouldn't answers a thread if you're not able to understand it

Level 34
Are you on a Mac? Macs need the right CD. Although it sounds as if you are trying to play a TFT map and it asks for the ROC CD?

Level 4
I'm sorry if you don't understand...Yes I am using a mac. And when ever I test it on WE it asks for my ROC CD... and even if I try and save it to my maps in TFT it doesn't show up, even when I start the game, go to single player, custom game, and i check ALL the game lists and I still cant find or test it... that is my main problem. Anything else you don't understand?

Sorry if i confused anyone.

Level 9
Weird bug
i would suggest you to re-install the game, but you can't
that's may also be your TFT cd which is a little broken and so sometime undetected
(if you don't have any cd, the game ask the ROC one)

You sould try to find an other ROC cd, if you still have your own key, that doesn't mind
(that's the licence you paid, not the plastic disc, using a copy with your paid key isn't illegal... at least in my country)

Level 4
Thanks

Thanks for all the help... but I'm not sure I can get another ROC CD... but do you think there will be another way of testing a map without buying/borrowing a CD?

[Off Topic]:I am in the WoW terrain contest also... I don't think I have a good chance of being in the top 3 without a background :cry: and I'll probably have to take a picture from WE. (That is going to suck for me).

Level 34
How would taking a screen form WE hinder you? You should always take them in WE! You can get a better angle. So you better enter! We need more people ;)

Level 8
Now its been a year or so since I installed, er, reinstalled WarCraft III on my computer. I had to install the Reign of Chaos (ROC) first before I could install The Frozen Throne (TFT).

After installing BOTH all I need is The Frozen Throne to do all my game play, map editing and all of that. Having installed both Cd's the only reason why I would want ROC is to play the ROC campaign - I can access all of the installed ROC melee maps from both WE and the game even though I am using TFT CD.

--> All of that was not for the edification of Hi.Hi who has discovered that his installed program of ROC is not working properly.

For the edification of Hi.Hi:

I fear that the reason why the map is requesting your ROC CD is because you are missing some data from the ROC CD that TFT does not have.

Recently I updated drivers and graphics stuff and I needed the ROC CD to use the Game interface. I had been using the World Editor blissfully, until I went to test the map, then the Game interface requested the ROC (Not TFT) CD.

I will assume you updated graphics drivers or something and the ROC CD is needed.

I had a similar issue with SimCity 4 and SimCity 4 Rush Hour - The Dependency of a later game (upgrade/addon/better version) was upon the older version. Later versions of SC4 Rush Hour were based solely upon the Rush Hour CD(s).

I suspect that TFT depends on ROC for a few things and that is why the game or the map is calling for the ROC CD.

Other then buying a new WCIII ROC Cd or finding the old one I have no idea how you would get around this.

Edit: Actually there may be an "around" Did you try to hook up with Battlenet and update? Perhaps part of their update will cover whatever is missing.

Level 4
Um Wraith... I don't understand what you said... would you please summarize it, and I don't think I updated anything...

Level 8
Um Wraith... I don't understand what you said... would you please summarize it, and I don't think I updated anything...

TFT depends on ROC for a few things. At least in the earlier versions. If I recall correctly ROC was sold seperately by itself first, then the addon/upgrade/additional TFT came out. TFT needs ROC to be installed first for some of the files models, etc. (oops going beyond a summery here).

My assumption is just that an assumption, it could be other various things such as the map you are trying to use/upload/play may have some dependencies on ROC that you no longer have, or have been corrupted.

Software degrades (on hard-drives and also on CDs)- not only each time it is used but when it sits there unused as well. Bits are lost to time and space. Various factors include the occasional cosmic ray, magnetic interference from the earth, magnetic interference from the sun. etc. Even atomic decay of the materials making up the storage device have some impact on the data. That can have an impact.

Installing/uninstalling other drivers, files, programs can affect pre-existing programs on your computer - many files "share" software. Thus we uninstall programs we do not go to Program Files and delete a file.

Yep I went way far away from a summery.

Anyway, you are missing something and you need the ROC installation CD in order to put that something back. Either that map requires it and you never had it, or your game interface needs it and you have lost it.

Level 4
Ok thanks. But Wraith, is there a way to get back a deleted file or whatever you said? Could you post a quick, short (Gnome short) way to test i on WE?

Level 8
Sorry, I failed to see your last post.

In short: No, there is no way to retrieve a 'deleted' file. Unless its hanging around in your recycle bin.

In the long, yes you can retrieve anything that has ever been on your hard drive.

The problem here is I do not know what is missing - or if anything is missing with your program.

I can not "fix" your machine without having your machine before me so I can check a very long list of stuff.

Your best bet would be to go to http://us.blizzard.com/support/inde...202B54C6AA0FE68A1468B030188.app15_07?gameId=5 Blizzard support. I will assume that when you installed the game you registered it, most likely they will be able to help you further, might even have a software patch/fix that they can email to you.

I can actually think of ways to "fix" the problem, however that would require hacks and a few "illegal" downloads. Illegal since I would be getting a copy of the ROC program, not so illegal since I would re-install it (auto-fix) which would not mess with your CD-key serial code. However for me to go into depth on that would be contrary to the rules and guidelines of this forum.

So go to the Blizzard support people and see what they can do for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.