1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Map Music.. legality?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by sanitoeter, Jan 31, 2013.

1. sanitoeter

sanitoeter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys, I have a little question concerning the music in my map... Did anyone ever get problems for using copyrighted music? For example Two Steps From hell, they would be one hell of a theme music.

2. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I've only once seen a map being rejected for illegal music and that wasn't even on hive.
    You'll be just fine, there's several maps in the resource section with imported music.

3. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol, I dont think copyright will be a problem. I'm sure its illegal, but I dont see police trolling forums or warcraft 3. I have music in my map which I didn't get permission for. No worries :)

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Make sure to play it via the music channel. Nothing annoys players more than having to mute sound channel due to msuic being forced through it.

Some players like to listen to their own music and still hear game sounds.

5. sanitoeter

sanitoeter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright thanks guys! :) @ Dr. Supergood: I will take that advice, especially since I like to do that myself.

6. mindwarper06

mindwarper06

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well we police don't tend to troll... we tend to hide in the shadows and pop out saying "C@D!Or else!" then we call the guys that actually can do something about it XD haha. I personally have no jurisdiction on the internetz.

anyways as far as I am concerned, the only thing you need to do is give credit where it is due, make sure you legally own the music, and if the band themselves want it removed, remove it post haste.