• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map multiplayer heavy weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
im making a map, and i tryied to use it in multiplayer with a friend but i couldt due its weight (11.6 mb for now) still missing part of the map to complete, what can i do? my version is 1.22 but i dont think that upgrading is the solution, as i readed last version support 8mb :(

Level 5
Oh yeah, it was like yesterday... You see that I did the same thing, but the difference was that my map was of the size of 28mb (WoW char.) But then I realised that I only could have max 4mb, and then in version 1.24b (think it is that version) then it was maximum 8mb... so for now it is just 8mb... sorry to say, although good luck with your map ;D

Level 7
If you have imported textures, you can use BLP-Lab to decrease their file size.
I managed to decrease the file size of an user interface to 25% without any visible quality difference. :thumbs_up:

Level 9
Try removing some songs if you have any. Usually that inflates file size. Also, use smaller models, when you see a 400 kb+ model, you may want to reconsider. There are plenty of awesome models under 100 kb.

Also, you may want to consider using a map optimizer to reduce the size of the final map. If I optimize my map, I can take out about 10% of the file size.

Level 8
tnks, i deleted some models (all the models in the map were imported :p) the map have only 3 songs, 2 of 5 secs and the other 1 min, now the map is 5-6mb atm, but still missing some zones to complete, but after its finished u will can enjoy Crisol (temporary name)

Status
Not open for further replies.