• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Moderetors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen this and i dont like it even a bit. The map moderetors should be cereful how they put the maps in the right section. I saw world of warcraft orpg in a Defense/survival map. That doesn't look good and i dont want to talk about the rest of the maps they are not in there places. U dont help users, example : I wanted to play Defense/Survival maps i saw many mistakes....Fix this, it will help alot of users!

Level 6
Well, yeah moderators can just edit the maps (I think). To make them the right place, but if the moderators dont users just put em' where they want them to be.

And I would love to help out a bit.

Thanks,
~XX_Noob

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Actually, Map Moderators have control over which section the map falls into.

When a Moderator is reviewing a map, he should, in theory, categorize the map accordingly. However, that very rarely happens.

Level 7
I belived the mini mod is to blame.
"Headhunter: Mini-Moderators categorize keywords and advise Resource Moderators on approval status."
I remember talking to a map mod in the chat about maps with wrong keyword and group. He told me it's the mini mod.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Or, they could start doing the job they're supposed to be doing now and stop leaving it because 'it would take hours to correct everything'.

What happened in the past has happened, but we shouldn't let the mistakes continue into the future.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I recall a user (whose name I don't remember) who would put his maps on all map categories and types just so it would appear in every search ran.
The best option seems to be the removal of the users' ability to categorize their resource, and let moderators do the job.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
No, no you wouldn't.

I know that for a fact, too. If you created this thread just to get the point across that you want to be a mod, then you're an idiot.

I recall a user (whose name I don't remember) who would put his maps on all map categories and types just so it would appear in every search ran.
The best option seems to be the removal of the users' ability to categorize their map.

EDIT: You posted just before I did.

With regards to your post, I don't agree. I believe that the best option is to allow users to categorize their maps, and enforce the job that current map moderators should be doing.

Level 17
Rui if u want to make the user not have the option to put the map in the section, then ralle should make a new section where moderetors diden't put maps in the sections! but i still prefer doing the job.
Please try again.

I don't understand.

Level 12
The best option seems to be the removal of the users' ability to categorize their resource, and let moderators do the job.

This is actually a great option. Though, it greatly increases a mod's workload. You would also need a very knowledgeable mod to do the job, lest things be categorized incorrectly.

There really ought to be a system put into place that filters bad maps out of the primary map system, and stores them in a bad map bin. Inside that map bin should be a Mystery Science Map Theatre 3K!

Status
Not open for further replies.