• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A 'Clearer' Map Type System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
When I've been looking through the map list, be it for maps to review, test or just play with, I've noticed that the map 'category' (such as RPG, AoS etc) isn't clearly defined.

For example the map Survival is basically a Shoot em' Up that contains some RPG elements. Yet I can't really see why it's labeled as a RPG because it's not as developed as most maps of the genre are.

Although I can understand why the map makers submitted it as a "Defense / Survival, Role Playing Game", I think it's a bit misleading to say that it is a RPG when, in actual fact, it just contains a minority of elements that some RPG's have.

I think that it would be a good idea to 'tidy up' the map 'types' and make their definitions clearer. What does everyone else think?

Ash

Ash

Level 22
People can barely stand moderating maps, let alone sorting all the maps that have already been moderated...

If people don't want to moderate, I'd gladly take over the position

/dodges the banhammer

Or not... >.>

Edit: I don't think I made myself clear enough, I didn't mean change existing maps. I meant that we should make sure that the map makers place their maps in the right categories from now on.

Level 34
If people don't want to moderate, I'd gladly take over the position

/dodges the banhammer

Or not... >.>

Edit: I don't think I made myself clear enough, I didn't mean change existing maps. I meant that we should make sure that the map makers place their maps in the right categories from now on.
Trust me after a few hundred you get tired. They are so bad! You get a good map ever 30-40.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Why opt in to be a resource mod then? :S

It does just seem a little daft, after all you're giving up time doing something that you don't enjoy. I'm sure that there are some members that would more than gladly jump at taking the position.

I don't mean to come off offensive, I'd just like to know.

Last edited:
Level 15
No, you're wrong. Imagine moderating maps on epicwar. lol

EDIT: About 50.000(maps).

To clear up the record, the moderation of maps on EpicWar probably takes less work than Hive, mainly because EpicWar accepts nearly all maps by default and removes some after whereas Hive requires all maps to be moderated by default. EpicWar is really a giant, lightly-moderated pastebin of maps, not much more than that...at least currently.

Level 15
To clear up the record, the moderation of maps on EpicWar probably takes less work than Hive, mainly because EpicWar accepts nearly all maps by default and removes some after whereas Hive requires all maps to be moderated by default. EpicWar is really a giant, lightly-moderated pastebin of maps, not much more than that...at least currently.

Don't you have any sence of humor?
It was a joke he said imaginable, I've corected him.

Level 35
Samuraid, :cgrin:

Anyway, who told map moderating is worst job ? Well people dont be such ass someone must moderate this too. It is not my or your fault because map approvel rules are like this. Show some respect at this poor map section and people whose moderate maps. If even anyone moderate them except us few

Level 40
Why opt in to be a resource mod then? :S

It does just seem a little daft, after all you're giving up time doing something that you don't enjoy. I'm sure that there are some members that would more than gladly jump at taking the position.
Gilles and others were once in the category of those 'some members', if that helps show you what the problem is.

Level 34
Gilles and others were once in the category of those 'some members', if that helps show you what the problem is.
I didn't quite gladly jump. I was talking to Wolverabid about another position, and he asked me to be a resource mod. I took it somewhat enthusiastically, but I did know I wouldn't love it. I actually said yes for two reasons. To give back to the site, and to hopefully get the position I'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.