• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Making Clan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I think some of us here at wc3sear should make a good map making clan that way we can work together easy on maps and make some extremely kick-ass clan maps.

I don't think it really matters whos chieftan but i'll get everybody together online so we can make it sometime.

Is azeroth OK wiht everybody? Anyway if your interested reply here and tell what kinda maps are your fav and what kinda stuff on maps you like to do.

My fav is offensive LOTR maps or rise of rome maps and I love hero/unit making.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Sounds intersting I may join if I see/like some of the clans work.
I specilize in triggering, Map doodads, Unit balancing, and making maps a bit more eye pleasant.
I like Open RPG, Hero seige, maul, some TD, and who is the -----.
Ill only join if I realy like your work.

Level 4
its not really an online clan its just that its simple to pass around maps online and we can chat easier and play togther....

So exellent more people.

I'll be chief if u want I used to be the chief of clan sop for abouta year so i have some experience as chieftan...

Level 5
That's good idea for mapmapking clan! Even if there was not alot of succesfull clans you can success if you will doing like a team. :D

I'm thinking to join you too! I can do placing dooads, terrain, a bit of triggers and creating icons.
I think that this clan would need a web site. What do you think? I can create web-site, but I can't make forum on this site.
I'm in if you like! :D

Level 4
Exellect! If you could make a website that would be awesome.

I think we could just use these forums as messege boards or online at b.net.

At the websites we could have a place to host our projects and clan stuff like that.

Level 8
If you'd rather, clan wc3c has been active on Azeroth for a long time. It's the b.net clan associated with wc3sear.ch' sister site, wc3campains.com. We succeed as a clan because we limit our clan ideals to things that we can reasonably expect. We exist solely to provide a pool of people to test and critique maps and provide modding help on battle.net. If you want to join, let me know when you'll be on and I'll try to snag you.

Level 4
I knew u were gonna say that...

But thing is that clan isn't really active and I don't really know the chieftans or shamans well and I think something knew and fresh would be cool.

See if we went to the wc3c clan than there would also be kinda limits on what we can do and stuff.

Thanks but no-thanks :D

Level 3
I'll join maybe....I'm still thinking about it because I'm already part of a more respectable clan but I dunno....

If you want to see my projects they are here

Level 4
Joey. said:
For the credits of the map, would you rather us use our first accnt name, not in the clan accnt name. And simply say A clan (#######) Production, Brought to you by (#######) or sumsht

Well I mean if you had help from the clan than sure but if its just your own work than it wouldn't matter.

Level 5
Hey IpawnedU ! I'm not sure about web site you know! Just post your email on this topic, and I will send you problems about web site on your mail.
:?

Level 4
Aight RPG sounds really good. So whos all in on it? Anybody who participates will be in the clan how bout that?

I'll do heros.

Just say what you wanna do and if you can't help but youd like to just tell me and well work somthing out.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Well what I had in mind was an open RPG where you can choose multipule races like liseted below.
Race - Undead,Orc,naga,elf,human,creep
SubRace - this is a sub race of a race (elves - high elf,blood elf,night elf)
Hero - This is a choice of diffrent heros under that catorgy with diffrent modle looks (Blood elf - all blood elf modles with no weapons\Armor attached)
Then is class which you can choose during game and even chance class (Carry the item bow to become archer, carry sword to become a sword fighter,carry gun to become gun man.
then finaly the last touch is ammo requirements (archer uses bows and guns uses bulets/power(Depends on gun type))

Whith thoughs it would create a PERFECT rpg.
Though it would need alot of custom modles.

Level 4
That sounds awesome but I don really think i'd like the guns idea. It just doesn't seem welll warcraftish but I guess that doesn't matter too much.

But I like the race-class Idea. Sorta like world of warcraft {the wc3 map}.

I'd like to make an RPG as well that doesn't take 5 million years to complete and could be won in under an hour and half if its a multiplayer map.

The length of WoW seems to take alot of players away from it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Well scrap the gun idea.
We could also make a chain of RPG where the save/load code is the same so it would never get boring.
The ultimate thing would be that you get a special code that you need to enter (entered at any time during play) to complete quests from other maps.

Level 2
hey, this sounds like fun! can i join?

i'm not an expert or anything but i do have the basics down.

plus i got some really good ideals for maps, or "sub-quests" for that rpg.

on another note- wuts the name of the clan gona b?

Level 4
Hmm havn't ventured into save/load code stuff I hardley ever do RPG stuff I mostly do offensive maps.

As for the name of the clan how bout? XMC? The extreme map clan? or TUMS? Tha Uber mappers?

Anyone else got any good ideas?

Level 11
I have an idea! Then you had choose you race and class, then you can choose your ability. But the ability should match to you race, and class.

And we could make a stats system. Every time you gains a level you have 3 or 5 stats to spend.

And about the save/load code, I can make that, im really good to make save/load codes :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I have an idea! Then you had choose you race and class, then you can choose your ability. But the ability should match to you race, and class.

I do not like your idear much.
With my system you choose race, subrace, personality, and during the game you can choose a class or change your class and if you change back to your old class your the same stats as you were lastime you were in that form.
you get 4 class abilites (vary if your sword fighter, archer, exctra) and 1 Race/subrace ability and 1 personality abilty. Race/subrate and personality abilites uses the spell bock ability so have 4-6 a bilites in them.[/quote]

Level 2
maybe we should start off easy to gain some respect... like modify existing crappy maps like "Chain of Command" or "Golem Revolution" to make them better and promote our clan.

Level 4
Naw Giant Growth we could do it!

I'll do alot of the unit work if you want me too. Im not too good at the save/load or Extreme/advanced triggers (if just use normal triggers).

We could make this map really good.

If one guy makes the terrain we can copy n paste the triggers on as well as the units.

So does anyone wanna do terrain?

Maybe advertising in the terrain forum for a terrainer who wants to join the clan?

Level 4
Ok for races I was thinking...

Human
Elf
Dwarf

Than Sub-races or Classess:

Humans can be- Paladins, Warriors, Priests, Mages, Knights, or Alchemist

Elves can be- Druids, Priests, Hunters, Beastmasters, Marksmen, or Assassins.

Dwarves can be- Weaponsmiths, Armorors, Miners, Warriors, Stormreavers, or Pioneers.

Thats all I can think of and there not that great so if anyone can think of better that be cool!

Level 5
I agree with you IpawnedU! That's realy good idea. But we need to know, that there will be a lot of work in this multiplayer map.
I'm in Clan if you accept me!
I told you, that I don't know if I will make web site, but I will try to do something usefull.
I have idea about blacksmith.
I will try to create proces, where you will be able to put ore in furnace and then you will be able to smith weapons.
What do you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.