• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] Map makes people to disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I have no idea why this is happening. I have tried to find a reason for the crash, but I cant find anything... So I hope that someone could explain whats wrong with the triggers of this map.

Attachments

• Roflcopters v1.12e.w3x
    527.7 KB · Views: 81
Level 8
I think I know what the problem is. This may or may not be what's causing the disconnects, but it definitely is a problem that should be fixed.
  • Set Point1 = ((Picked player) start location)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point1)
(<Player> start location) does not return a new location. It actually returns the start location of that player. If you remove this location, the player no longer has a starting location. This may cause people to disconnect if you try to get a player's start location that has been deleted. So, my solution is to make an array to store each player's start location according to player number. You should not remove those locations and they will not leak.

Level 3
Can you give us more information about these disconnects? Like what you might be doing the moment before you disconnect or if it just happens after a certain length of time?

Level 20
Disconnects just happened randomly. Mostly it goes that first one disconects, then more and then all.

And it happens like server split... When Player 1 disconnects, then all other players see that pPayer 1 disconnected, but player 1 sees that all other players disconnected except him.

Status
Not open for further replies.