• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[MAP] Immortal Survival (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
It's a map I've been working on for the last day while trying to figure the editor out.
No that much to do yet but Ive managed to get a hero system going with one learnable ability! (I tried adding another but somehow manage to screw the whole map up for a while). If you havnt been able to figure this one out yet it may help to have a look how I did it, Im not too sure myself though so with the data editor being so damn confusing.

Purpose is to stay alive as long as possible, amount of zerglings that spawn increases all the time.

I imagine it will be a bit funnier once I get some more abilities in, more spawn but zerglings etc, but its still quite fun, if for nothing else then at least to check out the cool effects I've added to the regular attack and the Blink ability.

Newest version will always be available at:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4794753/ImmortalSurvival.SC2Map

Screenshot013.Jpg

Screenshot025.Jpg

Terrain%20004.jpg

P.S. My own record is 388 kills before dying :)

Last edited:
Level 12
Looks pretty neat! Does leveling up actually do anything?
Nope, not yet :)

Can you make a tutorial on how you made the learn abilitys? I tried it and managed to get a passive learn ability :p

What I did was basically to add the ability to the unit(but not researched), then create a submenu using the Probe - Build ability, but instead of buildings I used the Research for the ability. So the Unit itself is actually the building where the ability in question is researched.
I may create a tutorial later, when It gets more clear to myself as well as there seems to be a lot of steps that you just "have" to do or it wont work.

Level 12
Updated the map, now includes another ability for the Immortal, the Seeker Missile.
All upgrades now costs 1 mineral, you get 1 mineral each time you level up.
After a while, roaches start spawning.

Its much harder and fun to play now.

Level 3
Updated the map, now includes another ability for the Immortal, the Seeker Missile.
All upgrades now costs 1 mineral, you get 1 mineral each time you level up.
After a while, roaches start spawning.

Its much harder and fun to play now.

Do the abilities have multiple levels? I may check it out just for that!

Level 3
This is pretty cool! You should take off Move, Attack, etc. from the 2nd command card though.

Level 16
I found a pretty nice bug while I was playing. I was blinking around the whole map. To avoid all the zerglings. Then, I blinked to the top right. Just above the right library. The dark, green cloudy building. And on the right side next to the crystals. It's possible to blink into that location. The zerglings can't reach you there. So you can just camp there and nothing can kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.