• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Achievement Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I've noticed that some achievement icons look pretty good and I've been wondering if there is a way to use them as icons for buttons and such for the editor, I have yet to figure out a way to do this, but does anyone know if its doable?

Level 9
@Reaper I have looked around but I don't see them, and I tried to do a search by name but the results that turn up give the error message that the file cannot be loaded.

@DSG I assume you meant sheet, but I wouldn't know where to find it, I know there is a sheet for Portraits and that I have seen, but not one for the Achievement Icons. As for modding it if it is found, that seems like it would be an issue since its technically Blizzard's creation that would be cut and cropped, publishing anything that uses a dependency like that seems like it would raise red flags with Blizzard unless they can be somehow given proper credit for a mod published by a user.

Just do it the old fashioned way.
Screenshot the achievements you like, open paint, paste, cut the icons out, size them to 76x76, convert to TGA, import, and bam. You have an achievement icon.

Edit: Oh wait.. I forgot you can't paste into paint now.. I do know you can access screenshots some other way, but I'm not sure as to how. Either way when you get your hands on the screenshot file, throw it in paint, cut the icons out, size.. etc etc.

Level 18

My names not IamtheReaper. xD It stands for Roleplayer.

Edit: Oh wait.. I forgot you can't paste into paint now.. I do know you can access screenshots some other way, but I'm not sure as to how. Either way when you get your hands on the screenshot file, throw it in paint, cut the icons out, size.. etc etc.

Um.. yes you can? I do it all the time.

Level 11
Uhh before you do that, I already posted a list of achievement icons somewhere. Let me get a link real quick.

EDIT: Here they are.

Also they are kinda ripped from the mpqs themselves, but it doesn't really matter because I doubt Blizzard gives a sh*t. At any rate, because the textures are included in the game, you should be perfectly fine as long as you don't claim you made them.

Level 22
Arent these textures like any other in the Data? Look in the SC2Assets, Data in Liberty,SC2Mod\ , Data, anything bigger than 3 MB may be openable 'mpq', If that's not enough, there may be temp mpq's like the one in War3 that contains the bnet icons but disappears if you go offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.