• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map File Too Big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've had this problem oh.. say 3 times with my maps, and I'm really getting pissed off this time because I've been working on this map for 2 months. How can I make it so that the map file isn't too big without getting rid of any imported files? Oh, and I'm going to be adding a lot more... I do have WEUnlimited if that will help at all.

Level 16
Well that's like asking how can I get this 100kg box weight less without removing anything from it? You cant.

You can try to use Vexorians Optimizer to reduce your map file size, but if your map size is mostly because of imported files, it wont do much good. Toughen up your heart and just remove some of the imported stuff.

Level 34
Go through your models. Get rid of any larger models. I would suggest 200 and up get deleted. Find or ask for a new smaller model.

Level 3
Models will take up a lot of space, but I have noticed that using WEU adds up to like 3mb onto your map for no reason when creating it. In the future i suggest staying away from WEU.. It can be a risky program, the only time i use it is when i want to add extra tilesets to my map, and even then i still don't work with the "Unlimited" editor itself.

Level 2
I didn't really use it, I just have it. And the thing about it is, its a PvP map, and I wanted it to be that all the heroes would be custom modeled, which would end up with a lot of heroes. I pretty much gave up with the map, cause it'll never work, though I did have a lot of good ideas... :( Oh well, I'll deal with it. I'm gonna make a new map now, this one a lot more simple, and uses a lot less heroes :D I still can't think of what type it should be though...

While you follow the others advices, use also Vexorian's Map Optimizer. It can remove all the unnecessary stuffs in your map, reducing the filesize a bit.

Be sure to make a backup of your original map before you optimize it, as the optimizer will make it unopenable in World Editor.

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=79326

Status
Not open for further replies.