• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Map doesn't work; not sure why!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Okay, guys, since I passed the torch on my campaign map temporarily, while I was waiting for the result (Which I'm assuming will take a few days), I was planning to reopen an old side project of mine, an ORPG.

I remember testing certain things in it about 2 years back, and things (while not perfect) were working.

Now, I try to test the map, and it doesn't work. I try to manually play it single player in wc3 itself; doesn't work. I've tried NewGen vs Vanilla; didn't seem to make a difference.

Hell, I even went in and manually turned off every trigger one by one and tested it every time; didn't work. I turned EVERY trigger off simultaneously and tried to test it; didn't work. I tried turning them ON individually after that, all to no avail.

So it seems that the Triggers are not the issue. I had a similar issue with my campaign last week, but that was due to a JASS system in my map, which, upon disabling, solved the issue (Although that system is currently unusable, which irks the hell out of me as well. I'll create a separate thread for that once the time arises that I need it fixed.), since I don't know how to fix it manually. I'm absolutely stumped as to what the issue could be here. Only thing I can think of after reading some other threads here recently about similar issues, is that there may be a corrupt file somewhere in the map. But that file would have had to become corrupted while not being touched... It worked two years ago. Now it doesn't, without changing the map at all.

I'm at a complete loss for words on how to find out the source of this issue, so I would like to see if someone else would be able to find it for me. Below is the map.

P.S. I AM aware that the triggers that *I* actually made are fail, and I simply haven't attempted to fix them yet, as it doesn't make a difference if the map isn't usable with the triggers turned off.

I'm also aware the spells aren't MUI, as that fact was what caused me to initially stop progress on this, since I didn't have the knowledge to do so myself.

Attachments

• Apollo n Dionysus ORPG.w3x
    409.7 KB · Views: 49
Level 37
It abuses the return bug, like this:

JASS:
function GetAttachedTrigger takes handle h, string label returns trigger
    return GetAttachedInt(h,label)
    return null
endfunction

Functions should only return one value, not two.

The bug was fixed in some patch, was it 1.24 perhaps. There are a lot of those functions in the map header, and they make the map not work.

For a fix, use search and maybe some answers will be found.

Level 12
Wait, the header?

Hmm... Search for what, and when I find it, how do I fix it?

EDIT: Never mind the first part. I found the section in question. But still, how am I supposed to fix that? I know absolutely 0 JASS. Hell, I don't even really know GUI, I just use logic and trial and error and pray that it works! Which, I might add, is quite effective.

EDIT2: I COMPLETELY misunderstood what you meant, heh. Thanks for the hit, Maker. I'll check this in my campaign's trigger as well.

EDIT3: Okay, I cannot for the life of me understand this crap. I have no idea what all this crap is. I've spent the last hour trying to understand it, and I simply give up. I read
To implement Faux HandleVars & CSCache, copy the respective library, and paste it into the map's header. (The map header is found by opening the trigger editor, and clicking on the map's name listed in the left window) Then it should say "Custom Script Code" and just replace the old handle vars/CScache with the new ones.
in this thread, but where in the header do I paste it, anywhere specific? Do I paste the whole thing at once, or do I simply go through the code line by line and replace everything with a corresponding line? I don't want to botch it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.