• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Map Crash, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi!

I've been working on this map for a long time and now when I test it with NewGen WE it takes me back to the TFT main Menu.

If I start the Map from the Game directly, it just doesn't start the game at all (UI with the chains goes up and down again)

Some solutions i've tried:
-Apparently RtC (Reinventing the Craft) was a causer of this problem, but I don't even have it!
-Saving the Map before testing also doesn't seem to help.

I don't remember doing anything unnatural when it first started happening... I was editing a trigger for a Spell (I completely deleted it just in case, but still nothing).

I attached the map in case someone can take a look at it and hopefully see something I missed.

I really hope to find the problem... There's months of work in that map.

TFT v.1.27.1.7085

Attachments

• Glory 0.1.1.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
Level 4
Note ::
-- Hero/Abilities
-- Killing Spree
-- CustomScript : call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[0])
-- CustomScript : call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[1])

Are both invalid since 1: your variable "Point" is named "point" and 2: It's not an array

Note 2 :: There are a LOT of occurrences of this wrongful call of variable "point", so I'd recommend, instead of changing all the code. To change the global variable from "point" to "Point" and make it an Array as well

this problem seem to pop up in numerous locations inside of this trigger.

After fixing all these, the map seems to save just fine, and it does start up for me when testing it.

Editor used : WEX (SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle)
Unable to test with other editors as I do not have any older versions of Warcraft 3 Installed anymore. I lost my backups

Status
Not open for further replies.