• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

map corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, my map is corrupted. I already know that it's lost. Unfortunately I forgot to back it up and I don't have a backup in the test folder. I can't open it in an MPQ editor. Is there anyone who might be able to extract a trigger from my map and send me the JASS? The file isn't completely gon.e It's still very large, somewhere around 3 mgbs lol. So I'm hoping that it's possible to extract triggers from it. Anyone who thinks they might be able to, e-mail me and I'll send you my map.

e-mail - > [email protected]

Level 2
By the sounds of it, the MPQ header is damaged thus the map is scrap.
Maybe some ultra pro could restore it, but if I was you, I would start making a different map.

I don'
t need the map restored. I explained i understand it's lost. I have a previous version with terrain and units and such. It's the triggers that I was hoping to get out of it, if they aren't gone.

Level 2
Why email?

Just post the map here, ill extract the triggers for you and post it.

(Use the manage attachments option on the bottom of the advanced to attach the map)

Sorry, forgot I could do that :p

Most of the triggers I can redo, I don't know if you see the trigger categories I placed them in or not when you get the triggers, but I only need the triggers in the "Items" category. Everything else won't be hard to redo.

Attachments

• BBP-RPG-v.0.63(B).w3x
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 10
I did post it.

Weird, i posted that before you posted the map. Like a while ago. Not supposed to be there...

Intresting, it seem's you protected your map somehow. I'm not sure how.

I tried it several way's, i even tried WE enhancer, it seem's you somehow accidently protected your map. Thats what it says atleast.

I dont un-protect map's and i dont think this site supports that.

So your gonna either have to get them out yourself or get someone to hack it for you..(Probebly not from this site)

Sorry mate.. i tried. Good luck with it though.

(My advice, ditch it, or redo it, you already know the trigger's, should take you less time.)

Level 2
Weird, i posted that before you posted the map. Like a while ago. Not supposed to be there...

Intresting, it seem's you protected your map somehow. I'm not sure how.

I tried it several way's, i even tried WE enhancer, it seem's you somehow accidently protected your map. Thats what it says atleast.

I dont un-protect map's and i dont think this site supports that.

So your gonna either have to get them out yourself or get someone to hack it for you..(Probebly not from this site)

Sorry mate.. i tried. Good luck with it though.

(My advice, ditch it, or redo it, you already know the trigger's, should take you less time.)

It isn't protected, it's corrupted. What I've been told is that basically, WE has saved a blank map over my map. But that there's still some data there. So I was told to see if anyone could get it open to get triggers for me. I have a version of the map, I don't need it restored, just some triggers. And it is my map. I'm not sure if in this case though there's a difference between corrupted and protected? And it's not protected because it's unopenable in WC3 as well as WE. Well, thanks for tryin' anyways I guess :D

Status
Not open for further replies.