• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[MAP] Blades of War : ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blades of War ORPG
- By Vengeancekael -

Hosted Forums
BRAINSTORMERS, REPORT FOR DUTY [Need ideas for the UI]

Info :

Blades of War is a ORPG, like TKOK or Dark Invasion II and features several races, classes, weapons, etc.
The Map will be focused on the Storyline as well, making it a bit better.
Features :

-Several Races

-Classes

-Weapons

-Inventory System

-Custom UI

-Intense Storyline

-Noob Friendly

-Quest System

-Attack System

-Custom Spells

-Save/Load System
Storyline :

When the 3 races have landed on Apprantos ( see "Races" ) , they will start training themselves and do some small quests and investigate the unknown planet. Then they will find a Space Gate, which is no longer working. But each of them will have to find 3 Barrels of Special Energy scattered on Apprantos so that they can activate the Space Gate. When it's activated, then they have to enter it fast, because after 30 seconds, the Gate collapses and thus the Armies which were looking for them will no longer find them. After a long search they finally find pieces of the collapsed Space Gate and extract datas from it, which give them the coordinates. They send Ships to the Planet. On the other side, the Player has been teleported to a huge Planet called Casos, which is the homeland of the Ognotos. They find themselves in an outpost and after communicating with the people living there, they find out that the Ognotosi want their help against the Tekandri. The Tekandri are their enemy, who are on Casos and have several bases. The Ognotos say, that if they do not defeat the Tekandri, then they will soon spread out into the whole Galaxy and consume other Planets. The Player must make a choice here. After a while the Army's Ships arrive on Casos and the Players tell them that the Ognotos need their help. Here they must try to convince the Commanders. If they succeed, then they will get the Army on their side as well and together they will be able to defeat the Ognotos. But if they fail, the armies will call the Players traitors and will start hunting them down. Then they must defeat the Tekandris alone.
Planets :

1. Apprantos
2. Casos
3. Voragos

1.Apprantos

Apprantos is where all the races are in the beginning of the game, except the fourth Race, The Ognotos. ( See Casos ). Apprantos is a Wasteland, which was a beautiful place, but because of volcano eruptions, it turned into a Wasteland. On Apprantos all the players will be neutral to each other, meaning that they could encounter each other, but they cannot attack each other. The Planet is a training Place and also includes some small quests and the beginning of the Storyline.

2.Casos

Casos is the Main Planet of Blades of War ORPG and it is the Homeland of the Ognotos, the fourth playable race. The Ognotos will not go to Apprantos, they will be on Casos until the Terran, Protoss and Zerg have opened the Space Gate and then have entered a small Outpost on Casos. They will then perhaps be able to join of those Forces. Casos is a huge Planet yet unknown to all the Races.

3. Voragos

To come soon....
Races :

[4 Total]
1. Protoss
2. Terran
3. Zerg
4. Ognotos
5. Tekandris ( Not Playable )

1. Protoss :

Choice 1 - Son of Psi Master :

You are the son of a Protoss Psi Master and one day, you were experimenting on something, but you could not control yourself and because of too much Psi Power, you created a Bubble around yourself which pushed into outer space. Then you clashed with a Terran Ship and a Zerg "Space Flyer", but your Psi Shield protected you but the Psi cortex did get damaged. You then landed on Apprantos.

Choice 2 - Normal Protoss :

You are a normal Protoss and one day, you heard reports saying that the Zerg have infested a nearby Planet and thus you joined a team which would exterminate the Zerg Forces. But on your way back, the Ship malfunctioned, changing the coordinates and thus, you flew right into a terran ship and a Protoss with a Psi Shield. You crash landed on Apprantos.

2. Terran :

Choice 1 - Commandant's Son :

You are the son of a Terran Commandant and while sleeping in your bedroom, someone's knocks on the door and your father enters the room. He tells you that you must find minerals because that there are no more minerals left on the Planet. He takes a crew with himself and flies into outer space. Then while trying to find minerals on a nearby Planet, you crash with a Protoss Ship and a Zerg Space Flyer, as well as a Protoss with Psi Shield flying in space. You then land on Apprantos.

Choice 2 - Normal Terran :

You are the son of an engineer and one day, you get recruited into the army. Because that you are bored of Engineering, you decide to go to the Army and a few days later you're with the Commandant in a ship flying in outer space, trying to find minerals. Then the ship crashes with a Protoss Ship and a Zerg Space Flyer, as well as a Protoss with Psi Shield.

3. Zerg :

Zerg Cerebrate :

One day, a Zerg cerebrate betrays the Overmind by escaping from his homeworld and rescuing a few Zergs. Then while flying in outer space and trying to find a Planet to infest and summon more Zergs, the Zerg Space Flyer clashes with a Terran Ship and a Protoss Ship, as well as a Protoss with a Psi Shield. You assimilate a Terran to survive and then find yourself on Apprantos.

4. Ognotos :

You are a normal Ognotos, not a noble one and are doing normal tasks for your father. One day however, his father wants him to journy to an abandoned Outpost and gather some information about it. When he arrives there, he sees the Terran, Protoss and Zerg Players who have just been teleported from Apprantos to Casos. First he talks to them a little and then takes them their capital city, to see their Commander. From this point on, the normal quests and primary quests kick in for all the races. When choosing the Ognotos as your race, you will be playing from the beginning on, meaning at the time where your father is giving you small tasks. However, the Ognotos will not visit Apprantos.
UI

178091-albums3300-picture28822.jpg

178091-albums3300-picture28823.jpg

178091-albums3300-picture28824.jpg

178091-albums3300-picture28825.jpg

178091-albums3300-picture28826.jpg

Classes :

1. Caster
2. Assassin
3. Templar
4. Warrior
5. Rifleman
6. ..........
7. ..........
Items :

Not Available...
Screenshots :

Not Available...
Release Date :

The Map will be in production for at least a year and an alpha version will be available perhaps a few months after scII's release.
Lastly :

I would be happy if someone could help me. You can also join my Starcraft II Dev Team. ( Vengeancekael ; CHA_Owner ; Eccho ; Hiruty )
Official Website
Powered by:

Last edited:
If you throw out something like "MUI help" in your search, then this map is going to suck for sure. Sorry, but you better learn scripting before trying to create a complex rpg.
The project leader should have average knowledge of every part of mapping, not just one. ... errr ... and what is your part btw, as you look for bother triggerers and terrainers? And you already got 4 team members ... what the hell are they doing?

lol i do have the needed knowledge, but the Mui help position is for someone who will give me advice when there's a major problem. I'll just rename it to Second Triggerer. The ones in my team will need to give me confirmation that they will be helping me with this project.
I am not really looking for a triggerer, since i will be creating all the triggers. The Terrainer is needed, cuz i'm just horrible at it :p Besides more triggerers would speed up the production instead of just one.

Level 12
well technically you could just use variables and put them into an array then use actions like "pick every integer from 1 to 10" or stuff like that to make it very easily MUI compatible.

also im not shure what i could help you with but if you need anything just ask.

Ugh i know how to trigger, etc., that position is optional!!! I'll just remove it so he'll stop talking about it.
Omg, no, you DO NOT. -_-
Requiring help with MUI even if it is "optional" (hell, why would you want help with that thing if you can do it on your own?) simply tells me that you have no clue about scripting at all.

Omg, no, you DO NOT. -_-
Requiring help with MUI even if it is "optional" (hell, why would you want help with that thing if you can do it on your own?) simply tells me that you have no clue about scripting at all.
Well, every bigger project consist of more trigger positions, so the work goes faster.
Also, everybody misses sometimes something in triggering, so somebody else can figure it
out. And I think you never have Vengeancekael seen how he was triggering?

Oh i am terribly sorry, anything else Miss stinkende Zwiebel?
I lol'd

I think you two drop that discussion, because it's a project thread, isn't it :)

Well, every bigger project consist of more trigger positions, so the work goes faster.
True. I never doubted that. But you will definitely never get something done if the project leader itself is rather unexperienced and never has the balls to get something really done even if it means working alone.
Most of the time, people join a project, do something for a day and then never show up again. And you have to be able to deal with that. That's why the project leader ALWAYS has to have extended knowledge of every part of the mapping process.

Also, everybody misses sometimes something in triggering, so somebody else can figure it out. And I think you never have Vengeancekael seen how he was triggering?
Most of the time, scripting a rpg is not modular, so it makes almost no point having more than one guy working on the map's core. If the main scripter is not very experienced with scripting, the whole code will end up in a total MESS. I know what I'm talking of.

And besides, just look at the things vengeancekeal has done in the past:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/last-stand-162162/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/single-player-rpg-vengeancekael-147179/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/lorvan-family-horror-map-160503/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/outlanders-war-2-a-157441/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/unknown-project-vengeancekael-146793/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/new-project-recruiting-139920/

Almost everything unfinished and awkwardly scripted. He's one of that guys that comes up with a quick idea, starts working on it and then drops it after some weeks because he loses interest in it.
I think you two drop that discussion, because it's a project thread, isn't it :)
True ... I'm quitting this now. Never wanted to get so personal with that.. Good luck with your project. Let's just hope you will finally get something done other than hot air. :/
if you compare with TKOK or Dark Invasion II, then you have really set your benchmark high. ... For WC3. Then again, this is SC2. WC3 standards are going to suck here.

The Last Stand : It's still in production <.<
Single Player RPG : Actually it was decided that it will be made in sc2, meaning this project.
Lorvan Family - Horror Map : Well that is true, i should've thought about that project more before starting it. I ran out of ideas so i had to cancel it.
Outlanders, The War 2 : What's wrong with that one? It's finished, and it's not supposed to be a complex map. Everyone likes it.
Unknown Project - Vengeancekael : That's the thread created for the single player rpg.
New Project : That was actually my first playable map. It's not a real excuse, but i think it did turn out well.

Most of the time, people join a project, do something for a day and then never show up again. And you have to be able to deal with that. That's why the project leader ALWAYS has to have extended knowledge of every part of the mapping process.
I can actually make all the systems mentioned in the description, but that position was available because i thought maybe someone would help me and speed up the project.

if you compare with TKOK or Dark Invasion II, then you have really set your benchmark high. ... For WC3. Then again, this is SC2. WC3 standards are going to suck here.
I'm not comparing my map to tkok or dark invasion 2, i was just trying to explain the map genre, and to be honest, this rpg will NEVER be that good.

Level 13
Vengeance I could maybe try terrain but I haven't terrained in awhile and do not have a BETA so if that is a requirement then I am screwed.

Lol I read and rofl whole time! You guys are crazy!
Over 15 post and maybe 4 are about project ^^'
Well then will I write something like: Thursday, great, another Naruto Shippuuden...
Damn dudes be more professional...

@ Zwiebelchen we all know that you are hell good scripter and that Vengeancekael is still learning, if you want and can help, then help don't bother us with all that...

Now let back to project, well if you need any ideas about project, from units, spells etc etc I am here for you as always! It is sad but I can't buy better PC and this one has very poor configuration, so SC 2 can run only on low details! Because of that I will stay on wc3 and with WE! I hope you will find another terrainer to help you out, I can still give tips, but without GE and knowledge about it, they won't be so good :(
:thumbs_up:

Lol I read and rofl whole time! You guys are crazy!
Over 15 post and maybe 4 are about project ^^'
Well then will I write something like: Thursday, great, another Naruto Shippuuden...
Damn dudes be more professional...

@ Zwiebelchen we all know that you are hell good scripter and that Vengeancekael is still learning, if you want and can help, then help don't bother us with all that...
Ah, come on, gimme a break ... I didn't post here for days and the discussion is already over. No need to continue this.

Level 3
what do you mean everyone disappeared? Did you have a team before? oh and thanks for letting me in :D I didn't think it would be that easy.

Level 3
Working on THIS project or another? and is there anything I can do right now? I am so bored, SC2 is down and another game I play is really laggy right now...

Level 2
i read this whole post and beeing new to the SC2 modding community i can say this. If someone posts something that you dont agree with you dont have to respond, that just starts arguments. unless you want to argue witch it seems you do. second thing is, when you get something finished are you going to release it as a kick ass map by "Vengeancekael" or under the "dev team" name. i have not done many sc2 campaigns or maps and the ones i have done are more than likly not very good but i had fun making them. however if someone that had more experence than me stepped up and offerd advise i would listen and take what i liked and leave the rest, not start a flame war with them... i looked at the first thread and thought hmmm maybe i would try to jump in on this and then read the second and decided i'd pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.