• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Mele Map (Alpha WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hey,

Attached to this post is a WIP of an advanced mele map I'm making, it's advanced because the map requires total air and ground domination to win. But your unit's must be carefully picked because of the scarce resources on the map.

Spec's:

256x256 Map
1v1v1v1,2v2 Playability

Background Story:

~Beginning

Over 200 years ago when the Terran encountered the Protoss a fierce battle was fought on the planet Masile, after a long and unforgiving battle the Terran central command decided to unleash the force of their most powerful weapon upon the planet.

The weapon's impact was so powerful that it shattered the entire face of Masile, leaving an enormous crater and a sinking continent in the wake. When the surface shattered an ancient catacomb holding an army of Zerg was opened, un-leashing the hordes of Zerg.

~Middle

To be-written

~End

It has been 200 years since then. Now the land has finally stabalized allowing the Terrain to begin to re-colonize the planet, but they still face the remnant's of the Zerg horde that was unleashed from the catacomb. It is also rumored that the Protoss have returned to get revenge for the thousands killed in the wake of the disaster.

*Note: Unfinished*

Looking For:

-Feedback on the terrain, starting placement, etc...
-Info on terrain bugs.
-Suggestions

*Note: This map is still a WIP so all starting locations, gas, minerals, and terrain is not final.

Attachments

• Map.SC2Map
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 40
Sorry, but it looks terrible. Asymmetric terrain and the shaping (especially the relatively narrow bases) means it will favour a race (probably Zerg, again because of the bases), and the terrain itself is an eyesore; keep it simple.

It's hard to comment more than that without seeing a version where the terrain shape, resources, and starting locations are final.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Sorry, but it looks terrible. Asymmetric terrain and the shaping (especially the relatively narrow bases) means it will favour a race (probably Zerg, again because of the bases), and the terrain itself is an eyesore; keep it simple.

It's hard to comment more than that without seeing a version where the terrain shape, resources, and starting locations are final.

Hmm, really? I thought it would favor terran more in the upper part's of the map, because of all the cliff's and choke points. I'll see what I can do about merging a few of the island's together.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

The map seems very cluttered. Large armies might have problems moving around.

It's made more for air unit's so there shoulden't be to much of a problem there.
I'm gonna finish up the base terrain then test the map with my friend, I'll update the top with w/e i'm going to change after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.