• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creep Invasion(Tactics Map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been an underground WC3 mapmaker for the latter part of the WC3 craze. Known as Lightning Brigade on Hive and Mouse everywhere else(Mouselini) I now return as Laertes, and have come to make my name, but this time, it'll be engraved, but good.

I have so many ideas, but so little time to make all of these maps. However, I think learning the new editor will not be hard, I have already done wonder with the data editor, and hope to learn the trigger quite fast. I have honed my Warcraft III mapmaking skills but have only released one full game, Road To Honolix. This was my first map, and due to bad luck, I never publicized any of the sequels.

This time, I intend to finish my map, riddling my computer with backups and new version to be safe, and have been working the easy to use terrain editor to it's fullest. Fortunately, the map is going well, but is still in early production.

I came here to get feedback, but want to share the type of map, which happens to be a strategic hybrid. There are two teams, one being the enigmatic forces of Kerrigan on Char, they have been working on a secret project that is unknown to all but the forces of Raynor and the forces of a dual Protoss Fleet that came to recover their lost forces on the world of char. The map has room for eight players, three of which are subfactions of Raynor's Raiders, Three of which are a protoss recon fleet that coincided their recon with raynor, in order to bolster the forces of the Aiur and save hundreds of protoss life. In addition, there is the Shakuran forces that had originally planned to hit with raynor in order to bolster the forces that will defeat the zerg.

It is not too late that they discover the creep invasion, as the presence of psi-energy on such a world could only be of a new Overmind. But not just one Overmind is being evolved from the larvae, but rather, a chain of mini-Overmind, that threaten to engulf the galaxy in with their psychic power. The project would result in the sacrifice of each of these mini-Overmind in turn would engulf all of the protoss, terran, and any other life form in that area, immediately assimilating anyone within a half a light year of the psychic blast. The zerg would then proceed to overrun the remaining galactic sector, the Milky Way, and all of the Universe. But the zerg have a hidden agenda, and no one understands what complete lack of free-will for opposing free races can benefit the zerg, nothing is understand, but Raynor and his allies know that the menace will prove too powerful if it is not stopped at the heart.

Gameplay: While I did quite a bit of diving into the backstory for this multiplayer map, I want to delve into gameplay. The gameplay is divided into 9 players as stated previously. three players control raynor's raiders, three the Aiur protoss, and two the Shakuran Void Protoss. The Reconnaissance Alliance, fights against the Char Zerg with an ever repleneshing 7 units. While you can have no more than 7 units at the start, destroying buildings will change the ownership to you, giving you control of at most 7 other units of a type correlating to the building captured. It is important to note that the building cannot be captured by the zerg, only destroyed. Use this strategically. There is also the note of the fact that a marine being killed will results in the respawning of a marauder, and the killing of a marauder will respawn as a medivac(yes the starting combination of units is MMM for Raynor) the likewise will happen for any units, perhaps in combos of two, four, or three, only more powerful units will remain unchanged when respawning. Some of the MOST powerful are irreplaceable, so any of your more powerful units OTHER than commanders(more on that later) will die and never come back.

The Zerg is different, and rightfully so, the zerg is playing a winning war, but it is going to go disastrously if not done correctly. The zerg far outnumber all the forces of the two protoss forces, and raynor's raiders combined. The catch is, since Kerrigan is putting so much effort into respawning the Overmind, and so much latent psychic energy is being put into recreating the first full DNA copy, that her forces are distracted, being used up one at a time, to feed the growing Overmind. The supply of Overlords is low, because their psychic prowess is needed where Kerrigan is. But, the fact remains that there are still well over 1000 zerg not preoccupied on this part of Char. The fact also remains that unless every command post/ Warp-in Nexus/Void Beacon is taken out, no one is defeated, that means that if the zerg were to rush one person's base, it would deplete their numbers, which aren't replaceable except for an undetermined amount of resources that can't be replenished. Capturing a zerg building other than one with larvae will in fact give you some zerg units.

The Zerg have all the odds in their favor and yet...if enough of Raynor's forces were to kill the Five Hives surrounding and powering the growing Overmind, then perhaps the Overmind would lose all sustenance, and die out.

Are YOU up to the task? I do not intend for this map to go to the dust, become vaporware, or any of the like, but if I fail to carry out my plans, I will be looking for someone to carry on my work, you can contact me as Lightning Brigade at the Hiveworkshop, I won't give out my email just yet though.

Cheers!

~Laertes

I posted a map idea on the SCII forums, I am now looking for feedback. However, I did not get any on the SCII forums so I came here, I am Laertes.

Last edited:
Level 11
You come across as an eager unproven map maker. Their are tons of those. No reasonable map maker would blindly join you without seeing something good first. First try using bb code (other then quotes) to fully elaborate on your idea, rather then shooting a wall of text out. Then start the map. If you are looking for teammates/followers, focus on a single area of the map, terrain the crap out of (do a good ffing job, no lazy crap, I demand doodads), put in some of your basic units, take a screen shot and attach it with your post.

You will be more successful this way. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.