• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Manning a turret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright, I'm having trouble making a Halo arena map. Here's the deal. I have an ability named "Operate Turret" for MC and it works. The turret is "mind controlled" and MC is paused. On the turret, I have an ability named "Unoperate turret" and the target is Master Chief. The thing is MC doesn't unpause and you still own the turret. I coded it with triggers, but it ain't working! Email me if you want my .w3x file.

Level 4
I don't know if this helps, but maybe set the units as variables? That way you can use seperate triggers for operating the turret and to stop operating the turret. :D If you don't know how, you could always send it to me, my email is [email protected].

Level 2
If I make the loading/unloading, then whoever is in the turret won't get out. I want the person at the turret to be killable.

Level 9
Use loading / unloading, but make the turret asimilate health with the master chief boarding it. Then when the turret dies, you kill the person who boarded it, and res the turret, and at a certain amount of deaths the turret is destroyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.