• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maneater

Some swampy thing that eats corpses
Attack slam, one shouty spell animation and stand channel for cannibalize
Hero or unit

upd1: added blood spawn object, flattened gutz, teamcolored geoset now only has the teamcolored bits instead of the whole arms
23.08.2021 update: Animation - Lock Body-Part Facing should work correctly now
Previews
Contents

Maneater (Model)

Reviews
loktar
Wonderfully disturbing and nightmarish, perfect for a horror game. Also very good use of ingame textures. Seems well polished and works well ingame.

MrRious

M

MrRious

Really nice model, though the arms could be a bit bigger (I see what you were going for, but since they're so long, they look distractingly weird) and the crotch hair looks like a penis, so maybe it could go all the way across it's waist?

Either way, those are just small suggestions and you don't have to listen to them. After all, this is your model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 23
This is exactly what a "troll" looks like in my mind in terms of the non-Warcraft universe.
Warcraft is the only place where "trolls" are thin, tall green things. Outside of Warcraft trolls are closer to what Warcraft "Ogres" look like, hiding under bridges and waiting to eat people.

Fantastic model.

Wonderfully disturbing and nightmarish, perfect for a horror game.
One of the most original models I've seen recently. Also very good use of ingame textures.

Seems well polished and works well ingame.
The portrait talk animations could use some work though. Looks a bit stiff and a bit too fast.
I'd also suggest using a more monstrous death sound, but that's just me :p