• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mana shield sizes (solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hail Hivers,

i'm in need of a mana shield model, that changes its size depending on the object editor field:
Art - required animation names - attachments "medium" or "large"
(not sure if small also works?)

The default mana shield model is one size only, so it gets overlapped by a larger unit's model.
This probably is an easy modification?!

Level 21
reforged preferred,
can manage classic too
I don't have Reforged, so here is the classic version; I scaled it to 140% (medium) and 190% (large).

By the way, it's strange how the original mana shield effect has three animations (Stand First, Stand Second and Stand Third), but only the first one is used, as far as I can tell.

Attachments

• ManaShieldCaster2.mdx
    50.3 KB · Views: 35
Level 21
ok so it seems a little bugged out
basically it's twitching back and forth with a teal color mixed in - looks like it's constantly turning on and off

Last edited:
Level 21
same malfunction as before, damn i thought this would be easy
I really don't see anything wrong with the model. Maybe it looks different in Reforged. Do you want me to remove the flickering stars (that are present even in the standard effect), like this?

Attachments

• ManaShieldCasterNoFlicker.mdx
    2.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.