• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mana Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

The existing Blood Mage ability is supposed to be able to do that, but whenever I've tried WC3 just gives me an error.

No, You're Not reading it correctly he said:
Is it possible to make the mana drain abillity give mana to the targeted unit while causing the casting unit to lose mana?

That means for example: The Blood Mage Casting Mana Drain would lose mana while the target gains mana.

And Yes It's Possible, I forgot which one but in a tower defense you could do that to give your towers energy

Level 10
That means for example: The Blood Mage Casting Mana Drain would lose mana while the target gains mana.

Yeah, I remember reading the tooltip for Kael'thas' mana drain, and seeing "or gives mana to one of your units. This can cause the units mana to go over its maximum, but extra mana will quickly drain off"... then trying it and being unable to give mana to a friendly unit.

isn't it that the Blood Mage's syphon mana, do that when casted on allies? I think it does atleast on melee game because I just used it. xD

exactly... at least I think he wont like to give mana to his opponents coz siphon mana can only give mana to friends while it would drain from enemies...

Status
Not open for further replies.