• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mana cost / Ability level based on level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi! More than a resource request, this is an information request (i'd like to know the best way to do this)

I'm making an RPG, but I want the skills to depend completely on the stats and level of the hero. The stat part is easy, but there's no use to have a spell on lvl 50 wich costs 25 mana (So it can be used by heroes in low level). There's no trigger to set "Mana cost"... so...

Max lvl is 50, so, I think spells would have to upgrade every 5 levels (so max spell level would be 10). I would have to make 10 "dummy" spells (each one with higher mana cost).

I need something like "If unit is level 15, set level of All Skills to 3" "If Unit is level 32, set level of all skills to 6", and so on... most spell effects will be triggered, so the level of the skill will be used for cooldown and manacost... if there isn't a better way?

Status
Not open for further replies.