• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leveling System GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Leveling System GUI or Jass

Okay so i need a leveling system for my map, and i am not good with triggers as you can see below. So i was wondering if someone could make a leveling system much better than this one. It would help a lot because i am currently working on Heroes at this moment and the leveling is a huge part. +Rep for helping. Here is how the leveling system works everytime you level up you get 7 extra skill points(have that party already) and with the skill points you can chose 6 skills i will list the skills and what they do below. And everytime you level one of these six skills you get an ability(Special Ability is in the Tabs just like the skills,). Each skill has a special ability.

Super short version for leveling Strength.
You get Strength to level 1, You get +5 Hp and another ability(special Ability) called Smash. The ability called Strength then gets removed from your char till next level.

and if you want to go advanced you could make this system for all 7 skills in my map. xD

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/baldurs-gate-orpg-171056/

:prazz: = Prim

Each skill has a Special Ability

Strength

Strength measures a character’s muscle, endurance, and stamina. This is usually the prime requisite of warriors because they must be physically powerful in order to wear armor and wield heavy weapons. The probability of scoring a successful hit and the amount of damage done are determined by strength.
Skills
- Heaver Armor/Weapons.
- +1 Damage a Level.
- +5 Health a Level.
- +1 Might level each time you level up Strength.
Strength Spell is Might, Might is an ability like Critical Strike it gives you a chance to do more damage on hit.
Intelligence

Intelligence represents a character’s memory, reasoning, and learning ability. Intelligence dictates the number of languages a character can learn. Intelligence is the prime requisite of wizards, who must have keen minds to understand and memorize magical spells. The wizard’s intelligence dictates which spells he can learn and the number of spells he can memorize at one time.
Skills
- +5 Mana a Level.
- Every 5 Levels = You gain 1 level 1 Spell.
- Every 10 Levels = You gain 1 level 2 Spell.
- Every 15 Levels = You gain 1 level 3 Spell.
- Every 20 Levels = You gain 1 level 4 Spell.
- Every 25 Levels = You gain 1 level 5 Spell.
- Every 30 Levels = You gain 1 level 6 Spell.
- Every 50 Levels = You gain 1 level 7 Spell.
- Every 80 Levels = You gain 1 level 8 Spell.
Skills
:prazz:Wisdom

Wisdom Adds Willpower every class need a bit of will power but mostly mages. They need willpower to cast there spells needed mostly by Priests.
Skills
- +20 Willpower a Level.
- +0.15% Magic resistance a Level.
- Every 5 Levels = You gain 1 level 1 Spell.
- Every 10 Levels = You gain 1 level 2 Spell.
- Every 20 Levels = You gain 1 level 3 Spell.
- Every 30 Levels = You gain 1 level 4 Spell.
- Every 50 Levels = You gain 1 level 5 Spell.

Dexterity

Dexterity encompasses several physical attributes including agility, reflexes. Dexterity affects a character’s ability to dodge an enemy’s blows.
Skills
- Gain extra damage from Bows, Daggers, and Short Swords.
- +0.15% Attack Speed.
- +1% Movement Speed.
- Dexterity ability is Dodge Chance, you get so use to moving around that it's hard for anyone to even strike you, 0.15 Dodge Change a Level.

:prazz:Constitution

Constitution adds Hit Points armor and more. Every one needs Constitution but Tanks need it the most.
Skills
- +20 Health a Level.
- Take 0.15 less Damage a level.
- Constitution ability is Tank, Every level of Tank adds 0.5 Defense a level.

:prazz:Reputation
Yeah i know it's kinda weird that you can level up Rep but if you have a Reputation system let me have a look at it please xD to cought up on other stuff to look for one atm.

-Update - Reputation the more Reputation you have the more people like you.
-Update - The less items will Cost, The more you will get from Quests.
+1 Reputation

Thanks

• Learning System
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Strength NOT DONE !!!!!!!
          • (Level of Strength NOT DONE !!!!!!! for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Strength Bonus Hp 5 to (Learning Hero)
          • Unit - Add Item Damage Bonus (+1) to (Learning Hero)
          • Unit - Add Might NOT DONE!!!!!!! to (Learning Hero)
          • Unit - Remove Strength NOT DONE !!!!!!! from (Learning Hero)
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Strength NOT DONE !!!!!!!
              • (Level of Strength NOT DONE !!!!!!! for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Strength Bonus Hp 5 to (Learning Hero)
              • Unit - Add Item Damage Bonus (+10) to (Learning Hero)
              • Unit - Add Might NOT DONE!!!!!!! to (Learning Hero)
              • Unit - Remove Strength NOT DONE !!!!!!! from (Learning Hero)
            • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Level 18
If you are requesting somebody make you something then please post it in the Requests section. In anticipation that this thread will be moved, can you please explain what you mean by a "leveling system" a little more clearly?

Also, I use JASS (vJass, which requires JassHelper, to be exact) so if you're not using that 3rd party editor then I will not be able to help you.

Level 18
I'll wait for a GUI user to help you. They always seem to be so confident that everything can be done in GUI without much complexity so I'll let one of them help you. That's what you get for still using GUI even after Warcraft has been out for 10 years.

Level 4
Ummmm?????? That's kinda harsh, I just haven't had time to learn Jass yet. It's been out for 8 btw so don't be so "Confident" that your always right.

Last edited:
Level 18
Well I didn't mean it in a harsh manner, sorry if it offended you. Also I know it hasn't been out for 10 years, that was a gross exaggeration and it wasn't meant to be factually correct; I was just saying come on man it's been out forever!

Nothing personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.